Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ffmitchell
Contributor
Message 1 of 17

No log-on to BT Mail at the moment

Go to solution

I load the log-on page, fill in the details, press the button to connect and nothing happens. All other websites I use are working. Last worked earlier today. If it's for software update or maintenance, I think we should at least be told.

16 REPLIES 16
MikeM14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 17

Re: No log-on to BT Mail at the moment

Go to solution

I've just got the same problem. I remember it also happening briefly a couple of weeks ago. I think it's probably one of those "forget about it for tonight, try it tomorrow morning" episodes.

As you say, a notice explaining that it's undergoing maintenance or whatever, would be nice and would give some reassurance, but communication from a "communication" company? That would be novel.

ffmitchell
Contributor
Message 3 of 17

Go to solution

Yes, wouldn't it just !

Still, a good excuse for another malt whisky 

Cheers !

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 17

Go to solution

Likewise, no e-mail service at all and no explanation why. I tried the help section, but I can't log in to that either! I would ring BT, but I can't face being put on hold for half-an-hour. Try again tomorrow...

0 Ratings
soblivious
Message 5 of 17

Go to solution

yes exactly the same for me no email at all and can't log on . I press the button and nothing happens have tried changing the password and also can't face the 2 hour wait to speak to India ... 

0 Ratings
RogerBlake
Beginner
Message 6 of 17

Go to solution

Me too  - webmail still not working on morning of 7th february

thunderbird works fine though ...

0 Ratings
Del477
Message 7 of 17

Go to solution

Same issue here, log-on is dead in Chrome and IE. Yahoo BT app working though.

0 Ratings
MikeM14
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 17

Go to solution

Mine has just worked this morning, at about 08:38. (IE11, direct on web-based BT email). But no explanation has been given.

0 Ratings
Bunjoman
Beginner
Message 9 of 17

Go to solution

It seems to be a problem with the login page/authentication itself. I am able to get into my email, using my usual password, with Opera Mail (long since unsupported) and that's a POP email system. I don't know if that is significant. Once I gain access email works as usual.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 17

Go to solution

Have you tried clearing the cache/cookies and history of your browser and have you tried a different browser?

If you are using a shortcut to log on with your browser try using the "Email" button at the top of this page to see if that works.

0 Ratings