Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mrbutt89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

No "Manage BT Mail" button

Go to solution

I'm trying to set up a new sub-account e-mail address for my partner.

I've logged into my account with my primary ID. It shows me key information about bills, etc., and below is a series of panels for my various "Extras".

According to all the information (and screenshots) I've seen online, I should be able to go to the "BT Email" panel and click a button marked "Manage BT Mail". However, that button simply does not exist. There is a "Check Email" button, and a "Learn More" link, but that is all.

If I click on "Check Email", I'm taken through a login to my e-mail messages, which is clearly not going to enable me to create or manage any sub-account addresses.

Can anyone suggest why the "Manage BT Mail" button is not showing? Or is there another way to access the sub-account setup page?

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: No "Manage BT Mail" button

Go to solution
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 13

Go to solution

Are you on the BTMail service or still on BTYahoo? If you are not sure you can either check here, or check for any BTYahoo branding on the webmail page.

0 Ratings
mrbutt89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 13

Go to solution
This is for BTMail. We'd rather not set up a new address on a service such as BTYahoo, GMail etc.., although I know that's an option.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

Go to solution

There is no choice involved, you are either still on the BTyahoo system or you have been migrated to BTMail.

0 Ratings
mrbutt89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Go to solution
Ah, now I see. I assumed that I was automatically on BTMail, as my btinternet address was set up when I joined BT a couple of years ago. (We're only just changing over to BT e-mail addresses now, as we're fed up with increasing unreliability issues on our old Pipex addresses. We'd just resisted the change as we didn't want the hassle.)

It looks as though I need to see if I can get myself migrated across to BTMail.

Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

Go to solution

The migration has been put on hold for about 2 years now with no indication why. The migration was never undertaken at customers request in any case. If you are looking to set up new email accounts, I would seriously recommend that you do not use BTInternet addresses but use an ISP independant address such as Gmail or Outlook (Hotmail). Much more reliable and easier when you change ISP.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

Go to solution

You can not be migrated to the BTMail system if you are presently on BTYahoo system. The migration process has ceased meantime and for the foreseeable future.

You should be able to set up a BTYahoo sub-account email address by logging onto your email account . See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1148/~/how-do-i-create-a-new-email-address-(bt-yahoo-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
mrbutt89
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

Go to solution
Thanks, I realised I could set up a BTYahoo account. I'm resistant to free services such as Gmail and Outlook for two reasons. Firstly, they look less "professional", and we do use our e-mail for business purposes, and secondly I've had my hotmail account hacked a couple of times. That's never happened with an ISP dependent address.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

Go to solution

Your choice, but I would have a read of the forum first to see all the problems people are having with BT mail. The obvious choice to look much more professional is to have your own domain and personal email address using the domain providers servers. It is quite a cheap option these days.

0 Ratings