Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JB11
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

No "manage email" button on bt mail

Hi

My primary email address is on btmail, my subaccounts are still on yahoo. I cant manage my accounts through mybt other than to change passwords which i have done a few times.  I want to close down my primary and open up a new sub and delete a few subs to give me space to do so. Is this possible without the manage emails button on mybt.

Thanks 

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: No "manage email" button on bt mail

Are you sure your accounts are on different email systems. My understanding is when the email migration was ongoing, when primary account got migrated from BTYahoo to BTMail all the sub accounts were migrated as well.

If you are still on BTYahoo your email accounts can not be managed through MyBT. See link how to manage BTYahoo email accounts.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/1148/~/how-do-i-create-a-new-email-address-(bt-yahoo-...

0 Ratings
JB11
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks, I have checked all my accounts and BT have confirmed that the primary is in BT mail and all other sub accounts are in Yahoo. When I go to Yahoo it will not recognise the primary account as it is in BT mail which means I have no ability to manage BTYahoo accounts. I haveto go in to each account individually but have no abiity, I think, to Manage or delete. In BT mail via MY BT when I click on my mail tab it tells me there are no mail accounts recognised and the only way to get in to the primary account is via the Log in page. As the emails tab in MY BT says check only and not manage I have no ability to do anything with this one as well.

Any Ideas?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

If what you have been told is correct about being on different systems there would appear to have been a problem with the migration. I don't think there will much that can be done at the moment to resolve it but I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem.

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. They are very busy at present so once you have replied to them by the link, it can take five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
JB11
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Hi Thanks very much.  Appreciate your help. I will keep you posted.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Hi @JB11,

We'll check your emails to see if they are all separated. If some are BT Yahoo Mail you won't be able to manage those.

You should be able to manage the BT Mail account. As you can't, get in touch with me by clicking on my user name and then on contact the mods.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings