Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 11 of 14

Re: No synchronisation between btinternet, btopenworld and Yahoo settings

Hi,

Case No 64361 - BT have said that I can't fix the problem at my end. I spoke to them again this morning, to ask if I should revert to my original openworld settings and change my password.  They said it is a fault on their internal servers and that I will need to speak to their Calcutta team. They were supposed to call me last Thursday but their line was down, apparently. We are now one week later and no further ahead, this is partly my fault because I've been away in Cornwall on family business.

The BT support team person in Dublin said that a lot of their customers have been having similar issues to mine as a result, also with the Yahoo password issue and also with i-phones. So when on TWO occasions last week BT support team told me that issue was either with Outlook on my laptop or my actual i-phone and that I should call out a microsoft engineer and/or visit the Apple shop in central London, they were actually WRONG.

Also, although you say Openworld is not being phased out, according to the BT team in Bangalore it IS certainly being phased out of their training, and has been for some time.

I can't access my settings on BT Yahoo mail as they are all set in Openworld and I no longer have a separate password for Yahoo. Thank you for trying to help me, I feel very frustrated at the waste of time and the shrugging off of responsibility by BT and its call centres. Hopefully there will be a resolution in the next few days.

In the meantime BT support have advised me not to touch any of my settings.

I am thinking of moving my landline, broadband and email to a different provider altogether as BT is expensive, I do not get hi speed internet at home, and clearly there is extreme difficulty with clearing up technical issues.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 14

No emails received or sent on one email address

I have two btinternet.com email addresses that have identical setups and identical passwords, and differ by just two characters before the @.

One works just fine. The other stopped sending or receiving two days ago, both using Outlook and on my Android phone. I spent all day trying to resolve it, removing and adding back the account on Outlook and even trying a W10 system restore. Nothing worked. Then, miraculously, yesterday morning, when I opened Outlook and checked my phone, everything worked normally!

This morning, we're right back to two days ago: one email address still working normally, the second just not recognised at all. Throughout all of this, I have still been able to log in to BT Yahoo webmail and have got round the Outlook problem by forwarding the essential emails to the address that works.

I have logged into BT Yahoo Mail  and gone to Settings, Accounts, where there is a big red warning triangle against the faulty email address. On clicking on this, I get the message 'Verify your account'. As with so many before on this thread, I've received no email to verify and, when I click on 'try resending it', like everyone else, I get the message, "Failed to send verification email. Please try again in a few minutes'.

I guess all I can do is wait until everything miraculously cures itself as before, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 13 of 14

Re: No emails received or sent on one email address

@chrisrwwrote:

I have two btinternet.com email addresses that have identical setups and identical passwords, and differ by just two characters before the @.

One works just fine. The other stopped sending or receiving two days ago, both using Outlook and on my Android phone. I spent all day trying to resolve it, removing and adding back the account on Outlook and even trying a W10 system restore. Nothing worked. Then, miraculously, yesterday morning, when I opened Outlook and checked my phone, everything worked normally!

This morning, we're right back to two days ago: one email address still working normally, the second just not recognised at all. Throughout all of this, I have still been able to log in to BT Yahoo webmail and have got round the Outlook problem by forwarding the essential emails to the address that works.

I have logged into BT Yahoo Mail  and gone to Settings, Accounts, where there is a big red warning triangle against the faulty email address. On clicking on this, I get the message 'Verify your account'. As with so many before on this thread, I've received no email to verify and, when I click on 'try resending it', like everyone else, I get the message, "Failed to send verification email. Please try again in a few minutes'.

I guess all I can do is wait until everything miraculously cures itself as before, unless anyone has a better suggestion.

Hi.

The thing to do is actually nothing.

It's virtually never a problem with the user settings/clients - particularly in the case you describe. So deleting anything/restoring stuff can actually make things worse, especially when re-adding accounts - possible loss of historic emails, entering in wrong settings etc.

As your account is a BTYahoo account, then try logging in via :-

https://mail.yahoo.com

The verify account thing can be a red herring, but sometimes the system tags an email address as dodgy for some reason - mainly due to poor system management by the BTMail team. The system really isn't fit for purpose.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 14

Re: No emails received or sent on one email address

Thanks. Yes, that was the lesson I nearly learnt from the earlier experience.

I've followed your advice and got the following response - the great thing is that they now acknowledge there is a problem, which they didn't before!

Sorry

We're experiencing a temporary problem with Email and are working to fix it as soon as possible. Please try again later.

Sorry if this causes any inconvenience.

Go back to BT.com >

0 Ratings