cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 13

Not able to access my BT E-mails using Apple Mail.

Is there an issue with BT servers.  Yesterday afternoon I have lost access to all my BT accounts through Apple Mail. This has been working without issues for years.

All I get now, not able to contact servers?   

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 13

Re: Not able to access my BT E-mails using Apple Mail.

There was a problem last week with bt mail servers losing sent emails to   @Me.com : @icloud.com messages through  mail clients (Not webmail)  using bt email ,however that got fixed see

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/BT-email-addresses-not-being-received-in-Apple-ICloud-email/m-p/20...

( if it helps I have all my apple email using the Mac mail client)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 13

All very strange, all my other non-BT accounts are working.  My BT accounts can be accessed by way of the web but not through Apple Mail.  Deleted one account to try and reinstate it, now I have an error message  can’t find the sever, like the error message Apple Mail is displaying on all my BT accounts. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

The briefest of perusals of the forum would reveal that this is unfortunately a common problem that has been ongoing for years and the recommendation is to do nothing and service is restored in a day or two.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 13

Thank you for your kind reply.   I was wondering if there was problem today, not last year, the year before or even the year before that.

Thank you 

Highlighted
Contributor
Message 6 of 13

Well thats not very good is it ?

Perhaps someone helpful here will  get one of the Mods to contact you.

I would report it through BT chat (for some reason they label it as a complaint), but last weeks problem got fixed even with an answer saying it was BT servers problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 13

Thank you, will give it a go.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 13

As this is  happening to you today then the answer is obviously yes there is a problem with the servers. It will not be showing on the BT Status page because it rarely affects a large number of individuals so will not be classed as a general outage and it will not be seen as a problem by Customer Services because your email is working via webmail

As has already been correctly pointed out, this problem has been going on for years, so it was relevant to mention it because for years the advice has been to do nothing such as changing passwords or deleting accounts as that invariably causes more problems than it solves. There is obviously nothing wrong with your password and account if you can access the account via webmail. The problem usually sorts its self out in a day or two.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 13

You seem to like the word ‘Obviously‘ Think I take my problem elsewhere, where I can find some courtesy, clearly one will not find here.  Is this the normal on this community?  Have a  Pleasant  day

Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 13

There is plenty of courtesy on the forum but it gets very wearing for the regulars here to post time and time again the same information because people don't have the courtesy to search the forum for similar problems and solutions before posting .