cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

Not all emails are getting through to me

Not all emails sent to my @btinternet.com email address reach me (including some sent to me by my wife on the same account).  One sender uses aol.com but other senders are from standard email providers like gmail etc.  My spam folder is virtually empty and hasn't refreshed in days.  I am getting some emails, just not all.  Any advice gratefully received!

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 26

Re: Not all emails are getting through to me

The only advice is to get a reliable email provider such as Gmail. The BT mail system spam filters seem to lurch from one extreme to the other. It really is outrageous that they silently drop mail they consider to be spam rather than sending it to the spam folder.

Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Feared as much, and thanks for getting back to me.  But what an indictment, eh?  Incredible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 26

Moderators, please can this be investigated.

A few have reported this issue in this forum, yet nothing has been acknowledged to say what's being done if anything.

I expect the OP will be more than happy to have their account checked and what's being deleted/dropped or simply lost by the system.

This could actually be a very serious issue.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 26

Hi @BaoBao  welcome to the forum and thanks for posting. Sorry you are not receiving all your emails. We'll be happy to look into this further for you. I've sent you a Private message explaining how you can contact the forum moderation team. 
Check here: https://community.bt.com/t5/notes/privatenotespage

cheers
John

0 Ratings
Contributor
Message 6 of 26

This really isn't acceptable - there is a similar thread running concurrently with this one (see this link bt community forum) - basically the same problem

1. Suddenly absolutely NO spam in the spam folder
  2. Emails that have been sent not arriving ... seemingly ending in the same place as the spam

Obviously the filtering out of spam is welcome - but who, if anyone at BT is looking into this issue, this is more than just a glitch - there could be serious consequences for businesses and individuals.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

I have also complained about this issue and talked with the Level 2 email team today. I'm really not sure what the conclusion was. If I were to summarise I would say that BT are not going to do anything about it. They will continue to block what appears to them to be spam and if some legitimate emails get caught in the trap then the receiver and sender will have to work this out by themselves. So, we are going to see less spam (and less in in the spam folder) but BT is going to fail to deliver some legitimate emails. As others have said - it may be time to move to Gmail for a reliable email delivery service.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

The problem is that people seem to get very uptight about receiving spam, personally I would rather get spam and deal with it myself than not receive genuine mail due to overzealous spam filters. Unfortunately you can't please everyone, it would be nice to have a choice though.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

I totally agree. I did not mind having 20-30 emails in my spam folder each week/month and could occasionally identify a legitimate email. I would rather go back to this situation. I can understand though that BT wants to reduce the spam at source to stop it clogging up their servers.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 26

Thanks all for your interesting and helpful comments.  My own case is that I'm having problems with both incoming and outgoing email.

Incoming:  I can understand that the spam filter is preventing stuff even reaching the spam folder, but it's a crude filter that blocks my wife's email which is basically sent from the same account.  And other stuff I've not received comes from totally normal email addresses.

Outgoing:  I can't understand why emails I've sent are not reaching people.  That can't be a spam filter issue.

0 Ratings