cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Not connected to the internet - false error message using BT email

I have an intermittent issue accessing bt.com emails on an Apple Mac. The error message says "Sorry, it looks like you are not connected to the Internet, please recheck connectivity and try again". It usually happens when I have already logged into bt.com and I can see the list of emails but they are greyed out. However, I AM CONNECTED to the internet as I can visit other websites. I've seen solutions of windows but not for an Apple Mac.  The problem is in with Chrome on a Mac running macOS Monterey. Any suggested solutions would be welcome!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not connected to the internet - false error message using BT email

I have exactly the same thing - not all the time, and only on Chrome, works ok on Safari.

Tried restarting but no difference.

Any ideas??

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

If it works using a different browser it would appear to be a problem with Chrome. Have you tried clearing the history and cookies, using the option "From All Time"?

If that does not work try resetting Chrome by going into the Settings > Advance > Reset and Clean up.

This should restore Chrome to "factory" setting.

Be aware that all your bookmarks will be cleared so before doing a reset you should make a backup of them by clicking on the three dots at the top right then clicking on "Bookmark Manager" then click on the three dots at the right hand side of that page then click "Export Bookmarks" and save the file so that you can "Import" the bookmarks to Chrome after the reset has completed.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Thanks - in the end I didn't have to do that (thank goodness), simply turned wi-fi off and then on again, reconnecting to my router & the problem went away!