cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Not getting emails - mainly from mailing lists and security emails

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is a helpful place to post but I have just come off the phone with the premium mail team almost in tears because they were so unhelpful. 

I am not receiving the majority of emails to my btinternet.com email address. This includes verification emails that I badly need from Instagram/Facebook, plus ASOS, Waitrose etc... if I send a test to myself from another personal account it is coming through, but I just placed an online order, no email, I asked for a verification code to be sent from Instagram, no email, and I signed up to a new site to test if a new address would come through (they would send a welcome email within a few hours) - no email. 

Is there anything I can do? I have limited access to settings as this is a very old account and since many BT changes it is just a mail account. (I have no BT broadband, think the address originally came associated with my dad's account 20 years ago!) and I only use the webmail. 

Any advice would be so appreciated. 

Carli. 

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Not getting emails - mainly from mailing lists and security emails

I would suggest that you forget Premium mail, and the extra expensive monthly cost involved, and get a free Gmail account.

Premium Mail suffers from the same issues as the regular BT mail system, reported many times on this forum.

0 Ratings
New_To_UK
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

its not a BT issue - Instagram is notorious for resets and codes not arriving to email with Google also. Have a look at similar posts on the web.

Also premium mail is just a paid version of the same mail system not a different system to the regular one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 4

@carlihumphrieswrote:

Hi there,

I'm not sure if this is a helpful place to post but I have just come off the phone with the premium mail team almost in tears because they were so unhelpful. 

I am not receiving the majority of emails to my btinternet.com email address. This includes verification emails that I badly need from Instagram/Facebook, plus ASOS, Waitrose etc... if I send a test to myself from another personal account it is coming through, but I just placed an online order, no email, I asked for a verification code to be sent from Instagram, no email, and I signed up to a new site to test if a new address would come through (they would send a welcome email within a few hours) - no email. 

Is there anything I can do? I have limited access to settings as this is a very old account and since many BT changes it is just a mail account. (I have no BT broadband, think the address originally came associated with my dad's account 20 years ago!) and I only use the webmail. 

Any advice would be so appreciated. 

Carli. 

Hi, welcome to the forums.

In webmail, have you checked the Spam folder to see if any end up there?

I agree with Keith, Setup a free Gmail account. You'll save yourself a lot of bother and £7.50 a month. Naturally you will have to tell all your regular contacts the new address, and any online accesses you use you will have to alter the account area to change the contact email address.

It might take a few months (say 3) to get this done. You will then have no need to have BT mail at all. Then before you cancel BTPremium Mail, you can see if any of the things you're missing actually come through to Gmail.

As a matter of interest, has this just started, or has it always been the case?

0 Ratings