cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 43

Not receiving any mails in Spam folder

I havent received any emails in my Spam folder for the last 3-4 days   (I normally receive on average 10-20 a day - everday).  I am concerned because I occassionally get genuine mails in that folder and I wont be seeing them.    Is this a curently a general problem with the service?

0 Ratings
42 REPLIES 42
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 43

Re: Not receiving any mails in Spam folder

Similarly I haven't had any real spam for 4 days but I had a genuine email appear in the Spam folder 2 days ago, so I think you should be OK.

Don't worry though, the real spam will find it's way back. lol!!

Mon.

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 3 of 43

Same situation here. I have had no SPAM for past 3 days - normaly get 10-20 a day.  I am on BT Yahoo mail. Maybe it was all coming from the same source and they have gone on holiday, or been shut down!It seems strangely disconcerting, having got so used to it over the years.

0 Ratings
nicos
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 43

Maybe the BT admin can comment on whether there is a system issue or a change in filtering that could explain this.   As you say it is a bit disconcerting.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 43

It's usually people complaining about getting spam and now it's people complaining about not getting spam. BT can't seem to win with this one. Smiley Very Happy

archiethomas
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 43

Hi, I am having exactly the same problem.  Started about 3 or 4 days ago.  Seems too much of a coincidence that it started at same time as other users.  Have talked to BT support who have no ideas on this.  Like other users I am concerned that the Spam email is going somewhere and it may well include genuine emails that I want to see.

I run Outlook 10 but I always check for Spam through my browser and BT Mail where the Spam folder constantly shows no entries although I used to get 20 or 30 a day.

Anyone got any ideas please?

0 Ratings
HappyTwinky
Message 7 of 43

Hi there, I have had exactly the same problem.  

Please could someone from BT clarify what is going on?  We need answers as I often have genuine mail which goes to the spam folder.

Thanks

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 43

I can confirm that BT/Yahoo servers reject valid mail and you and probably the sender may well never know about it.

0 Ratings
monarchjock
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 43

I have to differ with you there.

If you look at my original reply to nicos you'll see I received a genuine email in the Spam folder after all the real spam had stopped.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 43

@monarchjock wrote:

I have to differ with you there.

If you look at my original reply to nicos you'll see I received a genuine email in the Spam folder after all the real spam had stopped.

If your reply is to me then I never said no genuine mail goes to the Spam folder.  In fact most mail I get in the Spam folder is genuine which is most annoying as I collect by POP3 and so have to have an IMAP client to readily see.

You are not in a position to differ with me.  I can confirm that two bona fide sources of genuine mail never reaches any mail folder, spam or otherwise and I have had to get them to use a different email address in order to i) see my electricity statements and ii) see investment information.  Like me you do not know what isn't reaching your mailboxes.

0 Ratings