Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Message 41 of 50

Re: Not receiving any mails in Spam folder

@prm1wrote:

Can I please add my concerns on this issue.

I also, very unusually, have a completely empty SPAM folder - and it appears that 2 very important emails from my MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament) that have been sent by him have disappeared into the ether.  One sent 25/02 the other 28/03.

I have just spent over 30 minutes on the phone to BT's helpdesk, they are obviously totally unaware of this issue.  Firstly, they were of the opinion that the MSP must have sent the mails to the wrong email address - his secretary has now successfully forwarded his replies to me and they were both correctly addressed.

Secondly they didn't seem it strange that instead of getting 40 to 50 actual spam mails diverted to my spam folder per month there are now ze ro

Apparantly the matter has now been escalated to a section in Calcutta ( I should have been contacted within the last hour but haven't been).

This has clearly been happening to other BT email users for months now - how is it that nothing appears to be being done about it?  It is annoying when genuine emails land in the spam folder - but completely unacceptable that they disappear entirely.

Hi.

The problem is that questions were levied at Simon (BT Mail expert?) about all sorts of things, and he said it's improved, less complaints etc - and that was in this and similar threads over a year ago. At the time I was unconvinced. BT have consistently ignored and denied anything is their fault.

BT are totally hopeless and useless with regard their email systems.

Your best bet, as is everyone else using BTinternet email, is to use something else. Get a Gmail account and move away from an ISP mail service altogether.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 42 of 50

... it seems something has now been changed for my email ... after over a month with absolutely nothing going into my spam folder I'm starting to see mails going in there - which now gives me the final decision as to whether they are spam or not - which of course is how it should work!

Highlighted
Message 43 of 50

I am getting the same issue: no spam email at all, and I strongly suspect good emails are being dropped in the process.

BT support have been spectacularly useless. Attempts to have them escalate the problem have been met patronising statements and offers to raise a complaint.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 44 of 50

Interesting dates - I was getting half a dozen emails a day from a colleague up until 30th March, but they stopped on April 1st. I can no longer receive emails from one other person in the organisation, but all others get through. I suspect the two missing senders are the ones who send out mass emails and they have been nixed by the new spam filter.
But here's the thing: April 1st 2020. (Your post was 2019!)
I have been onto BT countless times, they've checked my settings and concluded that the problem is at the other end. I've white-listed the sender, but no joy.
How do I get the spam filter toggled (I too used to get a dozen to 20 a day but rarely get more than one a week)?

Highlighted
Message 45 of 50

How can this help, often things go into spam that are not spam, that means I never see them, can this be sorted please

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 46 of 50

Easily solved.  Move to an email system that both permits whitelisting/blacklisting and allows you view what is in your spam.   btinternet used to do that then they thought they were clever.  No spam at all = guaranteed false positives.

An added advantage is you can move to someone who is not your broadband provider so that if you change ISP your email account doesn't get closed down.

Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 47 of 50

This is exactly what is happening to me - no mail in spam for several days. I called BT who thought it was a joke initially but were unable to help. I asked for the problem to be escalated. 
BT are busy moving from the yahoo server to BT server was suggested ...but it was a guess and didn’t fix anything.

I often check spam as some emails get to that folder by mistake and I was expecting an email which I didn’t receive. Something is wrong - BT have ‘done it again’! Shame.

Let’s hope it’s fixed soon 

Highlighted
Message 48 of 50

I feel exactly like you, they think your daft saying that you are not getting any spam, but often important mail was put in there by mistake, now I have no idea of knowing, also I would like to know this mail goes, because it is obviously being intercepted, is that legal ! .  I will them a while to sort it out if not will have to change to a different email supplier. Lets hope they sort it soon. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 49 of 50

Seriously, the BT email team think that they are doing an excellent job in preventing any spam from getting through.  This isn't new - it is their policy, which translates in real life to "Stop spam at all costs" and if the costs are genuine mails also not getting through well - tough because they do not let you see what they are stopping - they took that ability out a year or two back and they don't bounce back the rejected mails so there are millions of packets of data running around the internet trying to find a home.  No of course not - they are lost. 

Bear in mind we are talking about non-business use here - well that's how BT see it because if you are a business you shouldn't be using the consumer platform.  But of of course they forget that business are sending mails to consumers.

I can't print the names of the many non-BT email systems that are out there because they will likely be moderated - but do yourselves a favour and wean yourselves off @btinternet addresses.  I have no idea if the non-Yahoo platform is any better.  I've lost track which platform I'm on as all my important email is now elsewhere.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 50 of 50

This problem seems to have got worse. Up until 31st August this year (2020) I have received some spam and have been able to find emails from people I was expecting that BT have put in that folder by mistake. I have subsequently added these contacts to be filtered to my inbox. 
But now, since 1st September, my spam folder is completely empty. Nothing for me to ‘vet’ and filter at all. 
BT have said ‘why does it matter, this will not be fixed, it is a low priority’ when I have reported the fault. I have persevered. The frontline customer services people don’t understand it seems. So escalation to another team is now promised...so we’ll see. 
I asked for money back as BT we’re not providing the email service they were supposed to and I am paying for. Seems we get our emails free so can’t be refunded! They are desperate.

Thank you for your support. The spam filtering team in BT need to take notice and put this right...else another customer will be lost.