Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 21 of 43

Re: Not receiving any mails in Spam folder

@Andy_N wrote:

@old_email wrote:

*You must surely be able to differentiate between types of spam.  I use POPFILE which is currently accurate to within 1% and that is on my own machine and I can see and train the errors.

That's not really going to work with a corporate anti-spam solution. For individuals it's completely different, as you say, you can "see and train" - a machine needs to do that for 100s of millions/billions of emails and not cause massive false positives.

I'm not suggesting BT/Yahoo run POPFILE, I would have hoped they are running something better on a larger scale.  They appear to be running something on a larger scale but not better.  Why are they blocking mail forwarded from Gmail, which as you said seems about as near perfect as you can get.  Very unlikely that spam would be arriving from their email systems. 

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 43

and who can you report any genuine issue such as I've outline to?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 43

I think everywhere just points to /dev/null Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
BT Email Expert
BT Email Expert
Message 24 of 43

@old_email wrote:

I have asked the Mods to contact you directly so we can investigate.

Simon.

0 Ratings
BT Email Expert
BT Email Expert
Message 25 of 43

@Andy_N wrote:

@Simon-D wrote:

Spam filtering is really difficult to get right, indeed I’d challenge any vendor who thought they could deliver a perfect solution, as a result we will make mistakes on an individual email level and so we use lots of different measures to try and understand if we have the balance right and even when these measures look good we challenge ourselves to prove it.

Do you use spamhaus and other blocklists?

While we're at it, what's happening with any investigation where email clients/apps fail to access email, despite webmail working? That's typically for BTYahoo users, but some do report for BTMail.

We don't rely on a single provider and use a number of different technologies including multiple reputation services, please forgive me from being a little vague on who we use or what technologies we employ as spammers try to use these facts to find gaps through the filters.

Re connectivity – The reasons for connectivity issues are various and the solutions sit in multiple domains, some with our customers (settings, passwords etc.), some with the network between our customers and the mail servers and some with the mail infrastructure. Over the last year we have made great inroads into fixing problems in our domain, and we do see significantly fewer customer complaints, but stating this doesn’t really help those customers who do experience problems so our program of improvement continues and is very active.

0 Ratings
ThelmaCottage
Beginner
Message 26 of 43

This has affected our business - we are now getting bounce backs from all emails sent to our customers with btinternet.com email addresses.

Fri 2018-01-19 15:54:54.955: 01: Transfer Complete
Fri 2018-01-19 15:54:57.743: 02: <-- 554 Message rejected on 2018/01/19 15:55:00 GMT, policy (3.2.2.1) – Your message looks like SPAM or has been reported as SPAM please read www.bt.com/bulksender
Fri 2018-01-19 15:54:57.743: 03: --> QUIT
Fri 20

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 43

@Simon-D wrote:

@Andy_N wrote:

While we're at it, what's happening with any investigation where email clients/apps fail to access email, despite webmail working? That's typically for BTYahoo users, but some do report for BTMail.

Re connectivity – The reasons for connectivity issues are various and the solutions sit in multiple domains, some with our customers (settings, passwords etc.), some with the network between our customers and the mail servers and some with the mail infrastructure. Over the last year we have made great inroads into fixing problems in our domain, and we do see significantly fewer customer complaints, but stating this doesn’t really help those customers who do experience problems so our program of improvement continues and is very active.

There are only a tiny few reports where customer settings are incorrect, it's a system fault.

What is true - there are more and more reports in these forums, so there is nothing to suggest less complaints. Ok, there might be less phoning up - but there should be zero.

As I've said on numerous occasions, user details of those with this issue should be taken and traced through the network to see where the problems are. It may be different places, but fixing them will reduce complaints totally, cost less money in the long run for BT and everyone else.

Also - what about the spam reports by businesses trying to contact btinternet customers? Yet another report has just been posted.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 43

@Simon-D wrote:

@old_email wrote:

I have asked the Mods to contact you directly so we can investigate.

Simon.

Thank you, I look forward to hearing from them.

0 Ratings
Message 29 of 43

Hi @old_email

We can take your details from here to help get this investigated.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link on the left hand side underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 43

Spam missing

In common with others, spam ceased to appear in my spam folder about a week ago - used to get around 10-20 per day. At first I was pleased but then remembred that some emails classified as spam were actually important.

Wonder whether BT will forward the missing spam once the problem is resolved?

Tags (1)
0 Ratings