cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Guru
Message 31 of 43

Re: Spam missing

@SilverInvicter wrote:

In common with others, spam ceased to appear in my spam folder about a week ago - used to get around 10-20 per day. At first I was pleased but then remembred that some emails classified as spam were actually important.

Wonder whether BT will forward the missing spam once the problem is resolved?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As seen in this thread, changes have apparently been made. I'm not at all convinced.

If the emails were always wrongly classified, then hopefully you'll still receive them.

Naturally, keep a close eye on it.

Almost certainly, whether there is a problem to resolve or not, emails not received in Inbox or Spam folder will have been lost.

0 Ratings
ThelmaCottage
Beginner
Message 32 of 43

Re: Not receiving any mails in Spam folder

Contacted postmaster and he made some changes and now all working fine.

0 Ratings
SteveS99
Contributor
Message 33 of 43

Interestingly, after a couple of weeks of no genuine SPAM in the SPAM folder, it now seems to be creeping back

Had about 5 this morning - m-o-s-t-ly f-or-m-a-t-t-e-d l-i-k-e this ... o/r l/i/k/e t/h/i/s

Mostly about bitcoin of beautiful russian women waiting to meet me!

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 34 of 43

@ThelmaCottage wrote:

Contacted postmaster and he made some changes and now all working fine.

I'm glad to hear you are sorted, at least on this occasion.  However a system that requires constant intervention by the Postmaster, however helpful once you get through, leaves scope for much improvement. 

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 35 of 43

@RobbieMac wrote:

Hi @old_email

We can take your details from here to help get this investigated.

Cheers,

Robbie

Thank you for doing this.  I've been emailed by BT's Simon and my email problems have been investigated and resolved by his investigation team.  He said he will take on board some of the comments I've made plus others in this Forum and I look forward to seeing evidence of that.  A thumbs up for RobbieMac for keeping in touch with me.

leonardstone
Beginner
Message 36 of 43

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 43

Hi @leonardstone  and welcome to the community.

Are you having simlar problems to the other guys? Can you give us more detail on what the issues are?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
nodroguk
Aspiring Contributor
Message 38 of 43

If you look at my posts from around 30 March and 01 April you willl see my identical question. BT has confirmed that they have changed some spam settings in the background and I am waiting for their Level 2 email team to call me back. I have cetainly lost some legitimate emails which were rejected by btinternet as spam but which were not moved into my spam folder. 

@nicoswrote:

I havent received any emails in my Spam folder for the last 3-4 days   (I normally receive on average 10-20 a day - everday).  I am concerned because I occassionally get genuine mails in that folder and I wont be seeing them.    Is this a curently a general problem with the service?

0 Ratings
prm1
Contributor
Message 39 of 43

Can I please add my concerns on this issue.

I also, very unusually, have a completely empty SPAM folder - and it appears that 2 very important emails from my MSP (Member of Scottish Parliament) that have been sent by him have disappeared into the ether.  One sent 25/02 the other 28/03.

I have just spent over 30 minutes on the phone to BT's helpdesk, they are obviously totally unaware of this issue.  Firstly, they were of the opinion that the MSP must have sent the mails to the wrong email address - his secretary has now successfully forwarded his replies to me and they were both correctly addressed.

Secondly they didn't seem it strange that instead of getting 40 to 50 actual spam mails diverted to my spam folder per month there are now ze ro

Apparantly the matter has now been escalated to a section in Calcutta ( I should have been contacted within the last hour but haven't been).

This has clearly been happening to other BT email users for months now - how is it that nothing appears to be being done about it?  It is annoying when genuine emails land in the spam folder - but completely unacceptable that they disappear entirely.

0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 40 of 43

The issue has been on-going for months if not more now.   There used to be an option on the BTInternet/Yahoo platform to whitelist etc but that was taken away.  I ended up with communication with the head of the email team in Jan 2018 (not in Calcutta!!) and it is quite clear that he was happy that no spam was getting through even though it was apparent that the baby was being thrown out with the bathwater.  I even had forwarded emails from another non-BT address bounce back as being undeliverable even though they had worked fine for the previous 2/3 years.  Lots of other posts on this issue eg https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Emails-to-btinternet-com-are-bouncing/m-p/1868699#M62098

I've moved all my more critical mail to non-BTInternet addresses even though I've had my BTInternet addresses from since dial-up days.   Not had a single issue with the new addresses.

0 Ratings