cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pamelap
Contributor
Message 1 of 12

Not receiving email

I have been sending email to my colleague for 2-3 years with no problem. Her email is btinternet.

Now she says she is not receiving them.

I put "Delivery Status Notification" trace on my messages and this confirms they are delivered to her Inbox. See below (anonymised).

Reporting-MTA: dns; xxxxxx.servers.xxxx.xxxx.co.uk
Original-Envelope-ID: 

Original-Recipient: 
Action: delivered
Final-Recipient: 
Remote-MTA: dns; aaaaaaaaa-bbb.ccc.ddd.eee.secureserver.net
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 250 Ok

She does not believe me that they are being sent successfully and sees it as my problem not hers, but I don't know what I can do about it as in my view it is definitely a problem at her end. What can I tell her to do about it?

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: Not receiving email

If she is a BTMail email user as against a BTYahoo email user she should add your email address to her "Safe Senders" list.

She can access that by logging onto her email account via a browser. Once logged on she should go to the settings by clicking on her username at the top right then settings then Mail then Safe Senders then enter your email address and click save.

0 Ratings
pamelap
Contributor
Message 3 of 12

My address is in her address book. She has also checked her junk and spam. The emails are not in either of these folders.
0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

It is not her address book I was mentioning. It is her safe senders list.

0 Ratings
Andy_N
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 12

You need to re-edit your initial post as the underlying html still contains personal information including email address.

0 Ratings
pamelap
Contributor
Message 6 of 12

Thanks, I can't find an edit option, so have reported the post as abuse!

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 12

You can only edit a post for an hour after posting. I can delete the post if you like or you can wait and see if a mod edits it

0 Ratings
pamelap
Contributor
Message 8 of 12

@licquoriceI'll wait for now.

Regarding your earlier answer, she has refused to add me to her Safe Senders List - she says she isn't technical - but in any case if my email address is not in her list wouldn't my emails show up in her Junk box? My emails just don't show up anywhere. She says she has checked.

I am suspicious it is to do with BT as she has always received emails from me fine until suddenly a couple of weeks ago.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Emails can be incorrectly weeded out as spam before they reach her inbox or spam box  hence the advice to get her to add your email address to her safe senders list. Doing that should  help over come the problem.

pamelap
Contributor
Message 10 of 12

@gg30340 

Yes, I know how it works. It is getting to the root of the problem that is hard.

She point blank refuses to add my email address to her safe senders list. She says she cannot do anything technical and keeps suggesting other things, none of which are going to cure the problem. I cannot get her to do it!!

Meanwhile btinternet.com postmaster says I need to add an IP to my SPF record. The IP is owned by GoDaddy and I have no idea why it would be needed as it is nothing to do with my domain registration or web host  or email and only appears  to be needed for btinternet.com, not by any other recipient, although the postmaster says they know nothing about it. I don't have anything with GoDaddy. So I am unhappy about adding it.

0 Ratings