cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Not receiving email

I have 3 email accounts on btinternet.com.  All have been working OK for years.  Now, one of the accounts no longer receives emails although it can send OK.  I have checked all the settings, ports etc and the password is correct.  Th error shows:
Unable to send or receive messages for the Btinternet account........  (Although it does send OK)
Windows live mail errorID:  0x800ccc0F
Protocol: POP3
Port 995
Secure SSL: No
Socket error: 10053

I cannot access this email account via MyBT website either.

Any suggestion please?

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 2 of 11

Re: Not receiving email (Edited)

In addition to my earlier post, I get the following response when trying to access via myBT:

Log in information is incorrect. Please verify the log in information and try again.

Interestingly, my email client WLM does not reject the password as being incorrect.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

As regards trying to access your email account via webmail. Have you tried clearing the browser's history and cookies. If it has the option "from all time" use that.

If that doesn't work have you tried another browser?

0 Ratings
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 4 of 11

Thanks.
I did try both of those but no change and that wouldn't explain why my Email client doesn't receive anything although it can send on this account.   
When trying to access via MyBT, I get:
An error occurred when checking the remote mail server.   ERR Code 10000

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 11

The reason I asked you to check your email account via webmail was part of a diagnostic process to try and establish if there was a problem with your account. Once that it is established that that is either faulty or not it gives a base line to work from and there after try and diagnose the problem with your email client.

What happens when you try to access your email account via this link?

BT Email 

0 Ratings
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 6 of 11

I get the same result     "Log in information is incorrect. Please verify the log in information and try again."

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 11

Do you have BT Broadband or are you paying for your email through a BT Premium Email account?

If you are a BT Broadband customer was the account that is not working set up as part of your current BT Broadband account? 

When you log onto your MyBT and go to My Products > Manage email, is the email account showing there and are your other email accounts there?

0 Ratings
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 8 of 11

I have BT Broadband and have had for many years.

The non-working account was set up a few years ago and has worked OK up until a few days ago when it suudenly stopped.

That account shows up in Manage Emails along with my other two working accounts but the non- working one is  'semi opaque' and empty and shows the pop-up  error message I mentioned below.

I would also add, as mentioned earlier, that I can send emails from the account so I assume the password must be being accepted.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 11

I am aware that your account was working up until a few days ago.  I am trying to establish why its not working now.

Now that it has been established that your email account is not in your email section of your MyBT it would appear that there is a problem with the email account on the BT servers. This will obviously have a knock on effect in your trying to access the account via your email client.

It's pointless trying to get your email client working until the email account is showing in your MyBT and able to be accessed via webmail. This will not be something that forum users will be able to fix. 

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are very busy at present so it can take up to 48 hours for them to contact you. They will do this by posting on this thread.

0 Ratings
Norfolkman
Contributor
Message 10 of 11

Thank you very much indeed for your kind help.

Regards.

0 Ratings