cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 16

Re: Not receiving emails?

As my previous post can you try sending and email to a person who is having problems and then see if they reply to your email you receive it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 12 of 16

@mark74 wrote:

Hi No why should this be done, has it started filtering out emails?

thanks

You are being asked various questions and given suggestions to try in order to try and diagnose what is happening with your sent emails.

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 16

yes i understand that but what i am asking is why would this happen? not everyone understands these issues!

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 16

The BT email system categorises received email into 3 categories.

1. Definitely good which is sent to your Inbox

2. Possibly spam but indeterminate which is sent to your spam folder for you to decide if its spam or not.

3. Definitely spam which is deleted by BT and not sent.

If category 3 didn't exist, you would receive thousands of spam emails. Unfortunately the BT spam filters are not infallible and sometimes the baby gets thrown out with the bathwater.

Message 15 of 16

@mark74 wrote:

yes i understand that but what i am asking is why would this happen? not everyone understands these issues!

if you understand why don't you try my suggestion and see if you get email?  last attempt

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 16

Thank you for the reply 👌

0 Ratings