cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Not receiving some emails

I have just found out that for the last few weeks some emails that have been sent to me have not been coming through. I have checked my spam folder and they aren't in there either. It seems to be from the same people every time. They are not getting a message their end that the email was not sent so these messages just seem to vanish. A couple of the messages were sent as a reply from one I sent them so it's not as if they've even typed my email address incorrectly. Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Highlighted
Guru
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Not receiving some emails

Do they receive any indication, such as SMTP error bounce backs, why their emails aren't getting through to your @btinternet.com ?

Is this a domain managed by themselves or a corporate/well known email providers?

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

No they don't get any bounce back messages. As far as they are concerned the message is sent and received ok. A couple are private emails and one is a website email. Those are the ones that I know of. Who knows how many other emails I haven't received Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 8

This is a big problem with BT mail , been happening for ages
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

Well at least it's not just me then. Do you have any idea if they are actually trying to fix it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

laughlaugh

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 7 of 8

I've had this problem on and off for a while now and when I've tried to contact BT they have been no help (going through my Outlook settings, and then saying it must be a problem with the other person's email...)

It's one of the reasons I am starting to use a different address for more important emails and hopefully slowly moving off BT, even though I've had that address for years.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

I was concidering using another email as well to be honest. It's such a pain though. BT need to get their act together