Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JimD
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Notification: 'Your Btinternet settings are out of date'

I have started to receive the notification above (via Windows 10) more or less every day.  I’m not sure whether it relates to broadband generally or to e-mail, so I’m posting it  here.  At first I found one BT e-mail account in Outlook which seemed to have some problem, but deleted and reinstalled and it seems fine.  I can’t see any problems with broadband or BT Yahoo e-mail.

Anyone else having this apparent problem?  Anyone know a solution?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Notification: 'Your Btinternet settings are out of date'

@JimD wrote:

I have started to receive the notification above (via Windows 10) more or less every day.  I’m not sure whether it relates to broadband generally or to e-mail, so I’m posting it  here.  At first I found one BT e-mail account in Outlook which seemed to have some problem, but deleted and reinstalled and it seems fine.  I can’t see any problems with broadband or BT Yahoo e-mail.

Anyone else having this apparent problem?  Anyone know a solution?

Seems unusual for Windows 10, or even BT.

Is the message coming as a pop up or a Windows 10 notification????  - At the bottom right of the screen.

Usual indications are re:- virus protection out of date, check your antivirus. But never any reference to BT.

0 Ratings
Liam_
Expert
Message 3 of 4

Never seen that message before.   Have a look here and see if it's relevant:-

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Windows-10-Mail-Account-Settings-Out-of-Date/td-p/1607385

There doesn't even seem to be an exact match with a search, everything mentioning 'mail' account settings out of date never relating to BT.  Wonder how Windows would know anything about your BT settings, super efficient Microsoft spy ware perhaps?

0 Ratings
Fred11
Message 4 of 4

I am getting this as well, yet I seem able to access my mail ok. Any ideas?

0 Ratings