cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

OUTLOOK email not syncing on Android

There was a similar thread but it seems to have focused only on GMAIL.  The moderator locked that thread because he said the GMAIL issue was resolved.  It is not solved for OUTLOOK.  For about 2 weeks now my BTInternet email account has not been syncing with my Outlook app on Android.  I can sync with BTInternet using Outlook on the Desktop (Windows), and I can sync with BTInternet on Android with the BT Email app (which is my backup, but not nearly as good or convenient).  But the Outlook App on Android refuses to recognize my ID and password for BTInternet. (The Outlook app on Android still syncs with Outlook Exchange and with Gmail.) This also happened long ago (many months?) and the problem eventually went away, but it hasn't gone away now, and it is getting frustrating.   Is anyone else having this problem?  Does anyone know the solution?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: OUTLOOK email not syncing on Android

The problem is clearly with Outlook as everything else works ok. There is nothing that BT can do.

I have found the Outlook app for Android nearly as bad as the BT app. Try Blue Mail

Message 3 of 7

You may well be correct that the issue is with Outlook on Android.  However, both the Gmail and Outlook issues arose at the same time.  That suggests that it was something that changed on the BT side.  Gmail may have tweaked their own side to compensate, but Outlook hasn't (yet).

Am I the only Outlook (Android) user having this problem with BTinternet email?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

BT mail servers have got absolutely no idea what client you are using. All it cares is that you use port465 with SSL for SMTP, 993 and SSL with IMAP and correct password.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

I think it is a little more complicated than that.  There is always a handshaking protocol, and both sides have to have exactly the same handshake for the exchange to work.  If either side fiddles with their handshake protocol, it can fail.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Yep, SMTP and IMAP which are standard protocols.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Hi 👋
I have come across many apps on android that are as useful as a one legged man in an a** kicking contest 🙄
What I tend to do is visit the site I need, in this case your BT Email, via the search engine and then either save the webpage as a 'shortcut' or choose the option of 'add to home screen' to add it to your android main page or save it as a 'favourite' which will save the link into the initial page of the search engine (when opened). That way you don't have to faff about with Outlook (unless your REALLY need to use it) and connection to your email is instant.
Just a suggestion if you want a quick way to view emails until you sort of the problem with Outlook x x

0 Ratings