cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Tasha
Message 1 of 3

Old and new BT addresses

I have an old btopenworld address from an account set up years ago, which I have kept using through various different broadband providers. 

In order to maintain this account, I have just dialled in once every 90 days on a pay as you go basis.

I now have a new BT broadband connection, which of course has a different (btinternet) address as the username.

I have set up Outlook to send and receive both e-mail accounts, but the question is, do I still need to keep dialling in to maintain the old address or will the fact that I am using a BT Broadband connection be enough? 

The otherwise very helpful chap in the call centre when I set up the new subscription didn't know, and asked me to let him know if I found out!

Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Old and new BT addresses

I doubt that the two accounts will be associated.

What you need to do is to make the old e-mail address, a sub-address to your new account.

You cannot do this yourself, but if you ask nicely, one of the BT Care Team Forum Moderators should be able to arrange it for you Smiley Wink

Contact them using this link http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4951

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Old and new BT addresses

Accessing your old  email accounts via outlook is usually sufficient to keep the email address alive.  I do not know if this will be sufficient to be able to dial in to the the accoiunt presumably using the email address as a username.

0 Ratings