Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Old talk21.com user...can't reset email password online!

Hello all,

I'm from the States, and have had a talk21.com free email address long before the BTYahoo! buyout.  Everything has been fine with this email until today, when I find my password apparently isn't working!  I double-checked the password, as I use POP Peeper to check this account, but I am getting an "Invalid ID or Password" message when attempting to login on the btyahoo.com email website.  When I click on "Forgot Password", I am being asked for a postcode, but have never had to enter that previously (since I regsitered with talk21.com years ago!), and further, woudn't have one, since I'm from the States...we use Zip Codes here, and that didn't work.

So, I seem to be stuck...can't login, and can't reset!  Any suggestions?  I'm wondering if it's possible that I have an issue since I have an email address at yahoo.com that is the same (aka the wording before the @yahoo.com and @talk21.com are exactly the same), although I have been attempting to login to btyahoo.com with the "@talk21.com" attached to the username. 

Thanks for your help!

Guru

Re: Old talk21.com user...can't reset email password online!

iladelf wrote:

Hello all,

I'm from the States, and have had a talk21.com free email address long before the BTYahoo! buyout.  Everything has been fine with this email until today, when I find my password apparently isn't working!  I double-checked the password, as I use POP Peeper to check this account, but I am getting an "Invalid ID or Password" message when attempting to login on the btyahoo.com email website.  When I click on "Forgot Password", I am being asked for a postcode, but have never had to enter that previously (since I regsitered with talk21.com years ago!), and further, woudn't have one, since I'm from the States...we use Zip Codes here, and that didn't work.

So, I seem to be stuck...can't login, and can't reset!  Any suggestions?  I'm wondering if it's possible that I have an issue since I have an email address at yahoo.com that is the same (aka the wording before the @yahoo.com and @talk21.com are exactly the same), although I have been attempting to login to btyahoo.com with the "@talk21.com" attached to the username. 

Thanks for your help!

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Talk21 email addresses are effectively btinternet email addresses in disguise.

Can you try logging into webmail (e.g. via http://mail.yahoo.com - entering the full email address as the Yahoo! ID) - but use this method.

After the initial part of the email address (before the @talk21), add ".t21" and then add @btinternet.com. The password is the same as your talk21 email address.

It is possible that the email address has expired, since there are really no "free" btinternet email addresses these days. However I'm not 100% sure on that fact with regard old talk21 addresses.