Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 3

Old talk21 email address - access issues

Go to solution

Hello everyone:

Will try to be succinct as this could ramble on:

My first ever email account was a talk21 account. I was using this until circa 2015 when for some reason I forgot the password, tried changing it and didn't get anywhere. 

Later I phoned what I thought was BT support and the tech said there is no record of your email address being on the system and the servers have been purged. Somehow I don't think this was BT support.

Anyway, for the sake of it today I attempted to log into BT with my credentials, of course they didn't work as I didn't know the password but my email was recognized. I changed password but now when I attempt to login to email it says "you are not logged into email, click [here] to access email".

I have read a similar post where the person entered their old password and it worked. I can't do that as I cannot remember it.

Any ideas please?

Thanks

Graham

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: Old talk21 email address - access issues

Go to solution

If the email account has not been accessed since 2015 it will have been deleted.

The email address will still be there because they are not reissued or able to be reused so as a result they appear as though they are still active.

When you use an email address as a log on it is not working as an email address rather just as a string of text.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Old talk21 email address - access issues

Go to solution
Many thanks,

Graham
0 Ratings