cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 9

Ongoing BT Yahoo email password change farce

I keep getting folders "cant sync folders" problems on desk top with outlook and when I got to BT web mail it tells me to change password due to "multiple attempts". I change passwords and then it works for a bit then stops then works then stops. Sometimes it works if I open the webmail at the same time as outlook. Account on my blackberry works fine but IPAD intermittent.

I had same problem on old desktop but I now have brand new PC with windows 8.1 and outlook 13.

when I click on reports of similar problems in forum the "solved" links do not appear to work.  

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Ongoing BT Yahoo email password change farce

Hi grayee,

Thanks for posting and welcome to the forum!

Sorry for the problems you're having logging into your emails.  I can help get this sorted out from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section of my profile you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 9

finally worked out how to contact moderator. Not easy at all. Still have password problem. 

0 Ratings
kate99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 9

I am getting really fed up with having to change my password several times a day some days.  Are BT doing some sort of memory experiment on their mail users????  There must be a straight forward solution to this - apart from getting rid of the awful upgrade that has degraded my email experience. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 9

still having problems. nightmare using this site as well. Completely Kafkaesque.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

I thought this problem - scare-mongering false reports of mutilple log-in attempts - had been fixed because I haven't had the problem for a long time.

And now there seems to be a problem trying to view logins so that we can check if there has been any "unusual activity"

See my post:

https://community.bt.com/t5/Email/Log-in-anomalies-on-BTYahoo/td-p/1486594

0 Ratings
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 9

still going on. It is intermitment which means that if you ignore it for a while then it will come back again. If you need an email in a hurry then go via yahoo. But my Bt email on my ipad is useless

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

sick to death of password resets, time to leave BT for a better provider me thinks
0 Ratings
grayee
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 9

I don't blame you doug. BT email has suddenly stopped working again after being fine for 36 hours. I am now getting "enter your user name and password" every 2 minutes which is so, so annoying. Of course the help line is now closed!!! I am disappointed that BT top bosses obviously know there is a problem but are hiding it. Disgusting of them to let junior staff take the blame. So dishonest.
0 Ratings