Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 6 of 64

Only 11 addresses

Go to solution

I have 5 email addresses including two which I created for projects which are now over.  My BT says I have used 5 of 11 addresses.  I can delete and change passwords on my 3 current addresses but I can no longer  do anything with the other 2 - no delete or anything.  I assumed that the 11 addresses meant  only 11 at any one time but after a week of mystified calls and Live Chats I now discover that if I delete an address my total available does not increase. It appears that you have only 11 addresses ever and once you have had 11 that is you, basically, stuffed.

Is that what others have found?

Geoff

0 Ratings
63 REPLIES 63
Highlighted
aoxm84
Expert
Message 1 of 64

Deleted BT Mail addresses not fully deleted

Go to solution

Email addresses in BT Mail are not being fully deleted after the user requests it.

When the customer presses the "Delete" button for an email address it goes into a 60 day grace period during which it can be undeleted. After 60 days, the email address is not removed from the BT Mail control panel and it continues to count towards the address quota. In the image below, three addresses have been deleted over 60 days ago, and continue to count towards the quota.

Can a moderator raise this issue with the email team please?

btmail.png

0 Ratings
reyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 64

Re: Deleted BT Mail addresses not fully deleted

Go to solution

I have exactly the same problem, i posted this on 26thOct "

When I go to Manage Email I have two email addresses that have no delete links. I tried to make new addresses but it says they are already in use. I would like to delete them. They must have come over to BtMail from Bt Yahoo."

You have explained it much better.

0 Ratings
reyn
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 64

Go to solution

Are there any moderators out there that can please take action on this problem?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 64

Go to solution

Hi aoxm84 and @reyn,

Thanks for posting. Not sure what the problem might be but I’m sure I can help with this. Can you please send over the details? You’ll get the contact the mods link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
egros
Contributor
Message 5 of 64

Go to solution

I, also have 2 email addresses that were deleted early 2015 and are still listed on my account.

Can someone help me to finally delete them please.

Eric

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 64

Re: Only 11 addresses

Go to solution

Your running total is a maximum of 11 email addresses. If you delete an email address it should free up your running number.

I believe the deleted address remains dormant for 60 days during which time you can reactivate it so the number of available addresses will not change until the 60 days has passed. 

If you have not used an email address during a 90 day period it gets suspended by BT and goes into the "dormant" category however you should have received an email that BT were going to do that.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 8 of 64

Go to solution

One address has not been used for over 12 months. The other address hasn't been used for some months and BT telephoned today say I cannot recover either "space".  . Neither has been accessed via web - I use Outlook. They just sit brooding in My BT.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 64

Go to solution

As I said, I believe that once deleted your running total should reflect this.

I have notified the moderators of the forum to get clarity on that.

Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 10 of 64

Go to solution

Thanks  - I look forward to something definitive.  Suppose I had been giving them to paramours, 11 would hardly suffice.

0 Ratings