Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 51 of 64

Re: Only 11 addresses

Go to solution

As the thread was in relation to an enquiry about BTMail I would suspect the answer only refers to BTMail.

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 52 of 64

Go to solution

@Andy_N wrote:

To SeanD, is this for BTMail and BTYahoo ?

It was certainly possible to re-use a deleted subaccount after 110 days or so.

It's easy to prove.

Hi @Andy_N

Sorry for the delay in getting back to you, I have been out of the office.

If you are on BT Mail then no email address can be recycled.  After the 60 days and the email address is deleted the same address cannot be set up again.   

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 53 of 64

Go to solution

I merely wish to report that my account still says that I have used 5 of my 11 addresses - whereas I have 3 in use and 2 inaccessible - still there.  Is this what I am to expect?

Geoff

0 Ratings
jonw
Beginner
Message 54 of 64

Go to solution

Mine says i have used 11 of 11. I don't see a button to create a new address. There is one deleted unaccessible address from last year. This thread has got so long and convoluted, could someone tell me what the latest facts are? Is that it do i need to switch ISP if I need another email address? I don't want temporary addresses.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 55 of 64

Go to solution

You do not need a new ISP if you want more email address. You can have as many as you want if you use gmail, Yahoo or any of the other free email providers to set them up.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 56 of 64

Go to solution

This seems to show that the advice given here is still not right -  Jonw is at 11 addresses and cannot create more.  Could the Mods return to this and clarify what is happening?

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 57 of 64

Go to solution

@gspearson have BT staff attempted to clear the email addresses you deleted over 60 days ago from your quota? Any success?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
gspearson
Expert
Message 58 of 64

Go to solution

@aoxm84 As far as I can tell, absolutely nothing has changed since I raised this.  I still have two dead addresses taking up space and no way of removing them. And @jonw appears to have exhausted his 11 and cannot create more.  I'm hoping that @SeanD can find a way of describing where we are definitively.  It is rather like hiring two lawyers, you need a third to tell who is right. 

0 Ratings
jonw
Beginner
Message 59 of 64

Go to solution

I've not called BT having learned the hard way how pointless that is. They speak too fast and listen even quicker because they just want to get to the next step in their script. 

0 Ratings
jonw
Beginner
Message 60 of 64

Go to solution

gmail tastic thanks. If i do ditch my bt emails eventually I can move to a cheaper ISP too wahoo.

0 Ratings