Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gspearson
Expert
Message 21 of 64

Re: Only 11 addresses

Go to solution

No reply yet - one phone call from a mod (I wasn't in) and some public holiday intervening.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 22 of 64

Go to solution

Another phone call last night - when I wasn't in, leaving a message that they would phone again in 24-48 hours.  There was no indication what the call was about, nor any method of contacting the right person.  I presume this was in some way connected with the call I had from David the Mod (when I wasn't in).

Clearly the 11 addresses problem is insoluble - it is not often the mods don't produce a result, even if it is that nothing can be done.

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 23 of 64

Go to solution

Now I am getting really cross.  A chaming man has just called from India to tell me that the two email addresses have been deleted - a fact I established more than 3 weeks ago - so no progress has been made despite mod intervention.  The nice man went on to say that despite my account saying I have used 5 of my 11 addresses, as I have lost/deleted two, I can now create 8 new ones.  Logically if I now create and late delete those 8 addresses, at some point it will say I have used 11 of my 11 addresses even though then I can create 8 new ones.  That is the core question: is the 11 addresses a lifetime total or is it a rolling total, never more than 11 at any one time?

5 out of 11.jpg

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 24 of 64

Go to solution

@gspearson wrote:

That is the core question: is the 11 addresses a lifetime total or is it a rolling total, never more than 11 at any one time?

Logically it's only 11 addresses as a lifetime total otherwise it would have to say "You have used 12 of your 11 available addresses". Perhaps they won't take it seriously until someone actually does hit the 11 limit.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 25 of 64

Go to solution

Your total is as per message 7 and 11

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 26 of 64

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

The issue is that on BT Mail created email addresses count towards the quota months or years after they are deleted.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 27 of 64

Go to solution

@aoxm84 wrote:

@gg30340 wrote:

The issue is that on BT Mail created email addresses count towards the quota months or years after they are deleted.

I am aware of that and that is why the moderators were contacted to see why that was happening. However the OP asked in message 23.

"That is the core question: is the 11 addresses a lifetime total or is it a rolling total, never more than 11 at any one time"

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 28 of 64

Go to solution

So the answer would be, as it stands, that BT Mail has 11 addresses as a lifetime total as opposed to 11 addresses as a rolling total which BT Yahoo has.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 29 of 64

Go to solution

I don't understand what you mean by a lifetime total and a rolling total.

Correct me if I'm wrong, it would appear that you are saying is that once you have set up 11 email address you can not set up any more even if you delete one or more.

That is not the case. With BTMail you have a running/rolling total of 11 email address. You can not exceed 11 but you can delete any number of them and this will free up the number you have deleted to to allow you to set up the equivalent number tat you have deleted as long as it does not exceed 11. 

It is the same as BTYahoo.

There appears to be  problem at the moment in that when you delete an email address it is not being reflected in the number you have left. That is what the moderators are looking into for the OP.

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 30 of 64

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

Correct me if I'm wrong, it would appear that you are saying is that once you have set up 11 email address you can not set up any more even if you delete one or more.

That is not the case. With BTMail you have a running/rolling total of 11 email address. You can not exceed 11 but you can delete any number of them and this will free up the number you have deleted to to allow you to set up the equivalent number tat you have deleted as long as it does not exceed 11. 

I'd be interested to know if anyone else on BT Mail can free up their quota by deleting their addresses, because I suspect this issue affects the whole BT Mail user base, and the only reason we don't hear more of it is probably because most people generally do not keep creating and deleting addresses.

0 Ratings