Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
aoxm84
Expert
Message 31 of 64

Re: Only 11 addresses

Go to solution

Also it's unfortunate my thread was rolled into this one, the subject line is really not very well descriptive of the issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 32 of 64

Go to solution

I would say that the 11 email addresses are generally for the account holder to use or "gift" to family members and I suspect are intended to be used on a regular basis and not treated as disposable.

If you want to create and delete email addresses on a regular basis why don't you use the disposable ones. You can create up to 200 of them.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 33 of 64

Go to solution

Hi GG

what you say may be true but BT is so far unable to confirm definitely which it is.  It may be that I can delete addresses and fill their slots. (In this case, I did not remove my deleted ones - they fell foul of the rule requiring regular webmail access about which I did not know).

Or it may be that once you have had your 11, even if you deliberately delete them, you canot get more to replace them.

Or even, this week's version, that the count of  "used number" showing in MyBT will continue to increase, currently 5, although India Level 2 says I can now have 8 more as two have been deleted.  That could lead to the account showing, say, 23 used but I could have 10 available.

I think only a Moderator authorised view can settle this. Failing that I will create my other 6 or 8 addresses, ignore them and them see what happens.  Better that BT does that experiment.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 34 of 64

Go to solution

The moderator gave the same explanation as I did in his reply in message 11 so I would expect that to be the correct answer. It would appear that there was/is a problem with the system not doing this either correctly or re-numbering the amount you have left.

You should re-contact the moderator dealing with your issue and ask for an update.

0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 35 of 64

Go to solution

I have already re-alerted the moderators.

0 Ratings
Message 36 of 64

Go to solution

Hi @gspearson,

Thanks all for posting. Just to clarify, if you delete one or more of your subs then you can create new accounts up to a total of 11. The problem with yours is that although the addresses have been removed there is still a flag somewhere in the background that ‘thinks’ the accounts are still there and that’s proving a little difficult to remove. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that but as soon as I have any updates I'll be in touch.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 37 of 64

Go to solution

David

thank you - I know you picked this up and tried to phone me.

Geoff

0 Ratings
aoxm84
Expert
Message 38 of 64

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

The problem with yours is that although the addresses have been removed there is still a flag somewhere in the background that ‘thinks’ the accounts are still there and that’s proving a little difficult to remove. I'm still trying to get to the bottom of that but as soon as I have any updates I'll be in touch.

@DavidM Since this issue has been raised by a few different people now including myself, perhaps you can also check to see if this issue affects all users on BT Mail who manage their addresses within My BT?

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 64

Go to solution

Hi @aoxm84,

Thanks for posting. I don't think it's a service wide issue but does seem to affect a few customers. Send me over your details and I'll check yours for you. You'll get the contact the moderators link in my profile.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
gspearson
Expert
Message 40 of 64

Go to solution

I have now had the definitive answer from the BT Level 2 eMail team which has consulted the server managers.  The 11 address limit is a lifetime one - each address you create counts towards your 11 lifetime total. If you delete an address the "space" is not recoverable.  In my case the addresses were lost because I had not accessed them through webmail monthly, and they were automatically deleted by BT. The total is not rolling, so there is no point in deleting an address to make room for another - that does not work.

"Is BT going to publish this information?" I asked. "No, we do not publish this; we have had many cases like yours and we just tell people".  "OK if I publish?" " As you wish".

So as I had hoped to create, use and delete email addresses for various projects I will now do that using my own domain.

I am very grateful to DavidM, Moderator, who has pursued this doggedly and no doubt will have to do so again as we already know that others have asked and been given definitive but wrong information. Clearly, if anyone has reached 11 addresses and tried for their 12th, it would be useful to know what happened. 

Geoff

Tags (1)
0 Ratings