cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

Openworld/Internet.

Go to solution

I use @btinternet for all new sites and emails etc.

However I am registered with @btopenworld on many sites and contacts.

Will I have to change all the old @btopenworld contacts in the future to @btinternet?

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: Openworld/Internet.

Go to solution

BT Openworld email address and the BT Internet email addresses are interchangeable and there has been no indication from BT that this will change.

Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Thankyou🙂

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

@EJB 

Do you mean that you have registered your email address as "@btopenworld" with the websites to receive emails from them, or as your login name to access those sites?

If the latter, then you will probably have to change your settings on those sites, because they will see "@btopenworld" and "@btinternet" as different.

As an example, I have a Google eMail address that I use for many websites to log in to them. Originally, Google addresses all had the suffix "@googlemail.com", which I used initially. Later, "@gmail.com" was introduced as a short-form, and @googlemail and @gmail became interchangeable for receiving email - not however for logging in to websites.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

When using an email address to log onto an account the email address is just being used as a username string of text and not as an actual email address.

It should not need changed from btopenreach to btinternet or any of the google addreses mentioned but what may need to be changed is your account contact email address that is registered in your profile under that username.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

So I do need to change to btinternet on the many places...... websites/companies/people..... I have registered with???

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

No

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

No you do not need to change it. It is only acting as a username.

You would only need to change it in your profile if it is not recognised as your email address.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

A big relief.......Thank You both.🙂

0 Ratings