Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
JJS_92
Message 1 of 5

Order confirmation Spam

Go to solution

I received the following message today:

We are delighted to confirm details of your recent order 40845249. We will email you again as soon as the items you have chosen are on their way to you.

Your order has been placed and items in stock will be sent to the address shown below. Please check all the details of the order to ensure they are correct as we will be unable to make changes once the order has been processed. You will have been notified at the point of order if an item is out of stock already with expected delivery date.

Delivery Address
 ***REMOVED BY ME**********

*Link removed*

Delivery Method:
Standard Delivery

Customer Service Feedback
We are always working to improve the products and service we provide to our customers - we do this through a continual review of the product range, and ongoing training of our Customer Service Team. We continually strive to improve our levels of service and we welcome feedback from our customers regarding your buying experience and the product you receive.

Order Tracking
Once your order has left our warehouse we will email you to confirm that the items have been shipped and include tracking details of the parcel so that you may track delivery progress directly with our courier company.

Stock Availability
On very rare occasions not every item will be available when we come to pack and despatch your order. If this is the case you will receive an email from us letting you know which items are affected and an expected delivery time.

Product Returns
All items purchased are covered by our customer friendly returns policy. Please visit for full details.

Thank you for placing your order with us. We really appreciate your custom and will do everything within our power to ensure you get the very best of service.

I looked up the source of the email and the link within the email routes to a 'jjkbuilders.com' which doesn't look like it exists.

Within the 'Delivery address' section they did provide a correct address and mobile number which has worried me.

Has anyone else had an email like this before?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Order confirmation Spam

Go to solution

I suspect somebody has given your email address to the company in question in error, either reply saying they have the wrong email address or just delete it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Just delete it, do not reply, its a common trick by spammers. Usually its a spoof message from a courier confirming a non existent delivery.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

@JJS_92 wrote:

I received the following message today:

I looked up the source of the email and the link within the email routes to a 'jjkbuilders.com' which doesn't look like it exists.

Within the 'Delivery address' section they did provide a correct address and mobile number which has worried me.

Has anyone else had an email like this before?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

Please can you edit your post to remove the link - it actually requests the user downloads a zip file, which will almost certainly contain malware of some sorts if opened.

Although not your "usual", it's a typical spam with a virus laden load trying to get the recipient to open the attachment due to "curiosity". Unfortunately some people will.

The link is obfuscated and goes to a different site (footballiran.net), which in turn does "something else" and looks at heartrise.com

The initial site is actually a hacked account setup to be used in spam runs.

0 Ratings
JJS_92
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thanks. I thought I had removed the link when pasting over but obviously not.
Thanks for your help.
0 Ratings