Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ama99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

Ordering Premium Email and BT ID

Hello,

A few days ago, I received a BT email informing me I had just 30 days to keep my btinternet.com email addresses, either by switching ISP to BT Broadband or signing up for BT Premium Mail.

I have a primary email account and several sub-accounts (used for 10+ years), so will plump for Premium Mail but am confused about the ordering process.

It appears to require a 'BT ID': 

1) If I already have a BT ID (we have a BT landline), should I use this?

2) If yes, should the BT ID Username (email address) match the primary email account? 

(my existing BT ID username/email is a sub-account of my primary email address.)

3) Alternatively, could I create an additional BT ID (just for Premium Mail) or would this cause a problem? i.e. are multiple BT IDs at the same address allowed?

(I did speak to somebody in the Indian Call Centre - 0808 100 6778 - but they were not able to assist).

Thanks for any help!

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Ordering Premium Email and BT ID

There are a lot of phishing emails doing the rounds so do not click on any links without first hovering your mouse over the link to see where it will take you.

Are you a current BT Broadband customer and does the email address relate to that acount?

Your BT ID for your MyBT account does not need to be the same as any email address.

See link

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13140

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Are you a BT Broadband customer, as you said to had migrated to o2, on this thread?

https://community.bt.com/t5/ADSL-Copper-Broadband-Speed/Migrated-from-BT-BB-Cancellation-of-Service-...

If you are not a BT BB customer, then you will have to pay. Just having a BT ID, say for your phone, does not count.

0 Ratings
ama99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

gg30340 / Keith_Beddoe

My btinternet.com email accounts relate to when I was a 'BT Yahoo Broadband' subscriber.

I have continued to use these email accounts since switching ISP to O2 (in 2010).

I'm happy to pay for Premium Mail, but am seeking clarification over the 'BT ID' (MyBT login), i.e. use the existing one (phone line bill) or create a new one specifically for Premium Mail.

I don't want to risk anything happening to my existing email addresses - losing them would be as bad as having my house address forcibly changed!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

You can use your present BTID

As per the link I posted

How to get BT Premium Mail

To order BT Premium Mail you'll be asked to provide your primary BT email address. If you have more than one BT email address and you're not sure which one to use, follow these instructions.

If you don't already have one, you'll be asked to create a BT ID. Your BT ID will be the username and password you use to log in and view your bills at My BT. We'll send you an email about how to activate your BT ID, so just follow the instructions to get set up.

0 Ratings
ama99
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

I went through the screens to order Premium Mail and entered:

- Start Order: Login Details = primary btinternet.com email address

- Personal Details: Contact Details = existing 'BT ID' username (i.e. a sub-account btinternet.com email)

- On reaching the 'Billing and Payments' screen - setting up a 'Direct Debit'

The screen rejected my Joint Account Name as it contains an ampersand (&) symbol, e.g. 'A & B SURNAME'

This is strange, as I thought '&' is a commonly used symbol for joint account names? 

At this point I cancelled out of the order.

So:

1) Can I pay for Premium Mail with a different bank account (single holder) to the one used for my existing BT phone line? An earlier screen had stated that 'any monthly charges will be added to your regular BT bill'

i.e. does 'myBT'/Billing allow different BT services to be paid from different bank accounts?

or 

2) Can I enter a slightly different account holder name on the DD screen to get through the validation? e.g. 'A AND B SURNAME' (rather than 'A & B SURNAME')

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Give BT a call on 0800 633 5335. They're open Monday to Friday 9am to 9pm and weekends 9am to 6.30pm. They should be able to answer your questions and set it up for you.

0 Ratings