Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Outgoing email blocked

Go to solution

When I try to send email I get this message:

Sending of the message failed.
An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server responded: We're sorry, but we can't send your email. Either the subject matter, a link, or an attachment potentially contains
spam, or phishing or malware. Please check or edit your message and try sending it again. (6-1-1-2) ID (6139429045D331EF). Please check the message and try again.

This happens even when I send a blank email with no subject to myself.
I am using Thunderbird.
Any ideas to fix this gratefully received.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Outgoing email blocked

Go to solution

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

Can you send and receive emails if you use a browser?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I'm on standard BT Broadband.  I can send email through a webmail account to which I have access. Is that a browser?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

A browser is what you would use to surf the Internet and yes that is how you access webmail.

Log onto your MyBT and go to Your Products then Mail, manage and check what type of email account you have. It should say "Standard".

If you can send and receive using webmail that means there is obviously nothing wrong with your BTMail email account.

The problem may lie with the BT email server that your device is connecting to. 

At this stage the best advice is to do nothing with the email account especially do not delete it from your device or try changing your password. 

When this happens the problem usually resolves itself in a couple of days during which time just use webmail.

You could try turning off your BT hub for about half an hour then restart it. This hopefully will have caused it to be issued a new IP address and connected to a different BTMail server. You could also restart your device if you haven't already done so.

If none of that help after a couple of days post back for further assistance.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks.  I'll try the power cycling on the hub.

It also happened about 10 days ago, but fixed itself overnight before i started to look for a solution.  This time, though, it's been 3 days.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

The power cycling of the hub seems to have sorted the problem.  Thanks again.

Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @sammoore1955, glad you've got this sorted and thanks for coming back to confirm how you fixed it.

Thanks also to @gg30340 for his helpful advice.

Cheers

John

0 Ratings