Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LaGuerite
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Outlook 2007 Email Accounts

Go to solution

Thinking of moving my broadband to BT but have a query about email accounts. I use Outlook 2007 for all my email which include a personal account and 3 business accounts, one being linked to the business website. Being a bit of a "numpty" when it comes to IT can someone assure me that if/when I switch to BT I can still use Outlook as my primary access to email's and that my business accounts will be supported.

Am I right in assuming that BT email accounts work via Yahoo as the primary access?

Many thanks, look forward to a reply.

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 6

Re: Outlook 2007 Email Accounts

Go to solution

@LaGuerite wrote:

Thinking of moving my broadband to BT but have a query about email accounts. I use Outlook 2007 for all my email which include a personal account and 3 business accounts, one being linked to the business website. Being a bit of a "numpty" when it comes to IT can someone assure me that if/when I switch to BT I can still use Outlook as my primary access to email's and that my business accounts will be supported.

Am I right in assuming that BT email accounts work via Yahoo as the primary access?

Many thanks, look forward to a reply.

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

You can indeed keep using Outlook 2007 for all your email accounts, including BTinternet ones. The Yahoo! access is not necessarily the primary access, it depends on your personal preference. I use Thunderbird, others use Mac Mail, Outlook, Outlook Express, Opera, Windows Live Mail and a multitude of other mail client programs.

For the business accounts, it does depend on how your are currently setup. If you utilise their own mail server access to send emails, then you should be fine. If you use your current ISP mail servers, then you will need to go through address verification (see my shortcuts option 0e - sorry about the apparent complexity).

0 Ratings
LaGuerite
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi Andy

Thanks for yor reply and advice that I can continue to use Outlook as my primary email account. My business accounts are supported by the website host os looks like that will be fine too.

Al

0 Ratings
towyboy
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Hi

Before you make your final decision read the thread below regarding 'Enter-Network-Password-Pop-up-Outlook-2007'. You will see that a number of users have a recurring problem when using Outlook (me included). This is a persistent and annoying problem for which there apears no permanent solution. Maybe if BT see that it will put off potential customers they will solve it.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@towyboy wrote:

Hi

Before you make your final decision read the thread below regarding 'Enter-Network-Password-Pop-up-Outlook-2007'. You will see that a number of users have a recurring problem when using Outlook (me included). This is a persistent and annoying problem for which there apears no permanent solution. Maybe if BT see that it will put off potential customers they will solve it.

Hi.

The mail server problem is not Outlook specific, it affected all mail clients. It will not affect the business accounts as specified. As of recent days, the problem seems to have been fixed for the majority of users.

0 Ratings
bungleberry
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

Recent posts on thinkbroadband suggest that this is still more complex than initially thought, and that some subscribers have actually felt it necessary to buy a solution from 3rd party software suppliers.

0 Ratings