Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robin67
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Outlook 2010 can no longer send and receive from my btinternet email account

Go to solution

This is a strange one. After many years of working without problem, for the last week I've been unable to send and receive emails in Outlook 2010 using my btinternet address. I also have an outlook.com email account and that continues to work fine in Outlook.

This is the error I get in Outlook when trying to send/receive with my btinternet account:
error 0x80042108) : Outlook cannot connect to your incoming (POP 3) e-mail server.

I'm using Outlook 2010 on a Windows 7 PC. I haven't changed my btinternet password recently and I can still send and receive using BT Yahoo webmail.

I use Norton 360 for protection but keep its integration with Outlook disabled.

I've tried creating a duplicate account in Outlook but receive the same errors.

I've scanned my hard disk for errors but everything's fine.

Can anyone help? Many thanks.

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Outlook 2010 can no longer send and receive from my btinternet email account

Go to solution

Probably just a glitch that will correct itself. Seems to be all too frequent recently.

0 Ratings
Robin67
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Re: Outlook 2010 can no longer send and receive from my btinternet email account

Go to solution

Really? It's been about 10 days now and send/receive has failed every single day.

Is this a known problem at BT's end?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

You could try changing your mail servers to pop.mail.yahoo.com and smtp.mail.yahoo.com and see if that helps.

Robin67
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

Amazing. I think you might have been right the first time - a glitch. I just tried it again and, for the first time in 10 days, it worked and downloaded all of my new messages!

0 Ratings