Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
kenny1
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Outlook 2010 stopped working

Go to solution

I have used BT-Yahoo webmail and Outlook 2010 to access my BTinternet.com emails for some time. Today, I logged onto webmail and got a new logon page to get to my webmail - all this works fine - I can send & receive emails.

However, when I logged on Outlook 2010, I couldnt send or receive any emails. I rang BT helpdesk but they cant help. Ive tried deleting and reinstalling my email account with the same settings on Outlook - Outlook says the install was successful, but I still cant send/receive emails in outlook.

Any Help would be appreciated,

Cheers Ken

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 7

Re: Outlook 2010 stopped working

Go to solution

What failure indications are you getting from Outlook ?

0 Ratings
kenny1
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Hi,when I click on send/receive in outlook, nothing happens -usually a dialogue box opens for a short time showing emails being sent/recieved

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

I have currently only got access to Outlook 2007. Assuming Outlook 2010 is similar on the drop down at the side of the send/receive button there is an entry at the bottom saying "Send /Receive settings". Click that then  "Show Progress".

Make sure that the "Don't show dialog box ..." is UNSETand that the Details button is set to show the Details window.

Now when you click "Send/ Receive" you should see your account(s) being processed.

Report back with an update please. 

0 Ratings
kenny1
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Followed your instructions -when I click send/recieve, the send/recieve diologue box doesnt open.

I have also got a separate laptop with Outlook 2007 on. This Outlook works and I can send/receive emails as usual inc the BT/Yahoo ones.

I have copied the Outlook 2007 account settings  for email accounts into Outlook 2010 on my desktop, but I still get the same send/recieve problem. 

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the update.  In order to check if Outlook is attempting to access your BT account can you temporarily change your password for the account in your Outlook settings to an invalid one. After saving the change click Send/receive again and see if you get a failure message.

0 Ratings
kenny1
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

I have solved the problem. In Outlook/options/advanced/send recieve/all accounts, the box "include this group in send/recieve" wasnt ticked- Outlook now works.

Many thanks for your help.

0 Ratings