Just by way of update, I started to use folders again on my email account.
This time I set one up in webmail and it appeared on both my PC and Laptop. PC seems to be working normally but Laptop, still not. However
I can send email from Outlook from the laptop
The folder appeared in Outlook on the laptop and populated by email
Laptop inbox still not working??
Apologies, this is turning into a saga. I've noticed the following on my laptop:
Under send / receive within the Advanced options, the first email account doesn't have a box to check under Send / Receive. Even if I make a copy and try to use that instead, it still doesn't generate this?
The second image is a 2nd email account on the laptop, that worked first time, and it DOES have the inbox checked.
I couldn't find a way to generate a tick box for the first account to see if this worked - any way to do that?
Lastly, I tried Mozilla Thunderbird on the laptop as an alternative email application. It has worked with both accounts, including the one not working in Outlook 2016.
Please edit your screenshots to remove your email addresses, including the truncated ones on the left pane.
If the account works ok in Thunderbird, the problem must lie with Outlook2016
Thanks - I see they have been blanked out.
My only query on your comment about Outlook is why do two accounts work corectly in it, but one doesn't? Surely this points to the account (in Outlook) being the problem.
Checked box issue??
Probably the last word on this as I've certainly had enough of it! 🙂
I uninstalled Outlook (Office) 2016 on my laptop, deleted all OST files and purged the registry (CC CLeaner).
Fresh install of Outlook and added my account.
My inbox was populated and I was able to send test emails to two accounts. I then sent test emails from these accounts to the rogue one and they didn't show up on my laptop; they appeared perfectly on mobile and home PC.
I've again checked the incoming and outgoing server settings and they are fine, matching both the mobile and PC. Each MS Outlook test message works - I now have 11 in my inbox. I've even tried different server settings but, of course, these didn't work.
As a last resort I've deleted the account from the laptop and then reinstalled as a POP3 account, rather than IMAP. It immediately brought all the emails in. I'll just have to live with not sending across the devices.
Thanks for all assistance.