cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Outlook 365 repeated password requests

For some time now I am getting repeated request to enter my password for Outlook. I can receive emails but not send. I contacted Microsoft support and they tell me my Outlook email accounts are correctly setup, and that it is a problem with the BT servers. On contacting BT, yes you guessed it, they tell me it is a Microsoft problem.

I can send email by using BT webmail without problems, but because I have the Office 365 suite, I really need to use Outlook. Happening on all my email adresses on different computers, including my partners emails, but is ok on my phone. I did read about deleting office 365 references in "Windows Credentials" this worked a few times but the password requests are back again, sometimes this happens several times a day. Any ideas please? obviously won't get anywhere with BT on this!

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Outlook 365 repeated password requests

See the following link which may be of help.

POP email and basic authentication changes | BT Business

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thank you for your reply. I don't think that this solution applies to my problem as I already use Office 365  IMAP for my emails.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Are you a BT Broadband customer or paying for your email through a BT Premium email account?

If you are either of the above are you a BT Business account holder?

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Yes I am a BT broadband customer. No I do not have a business account.

0 Ratings