cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
docoils
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Outlook 365 wont allow my @btinernet.com premium mail address to be added??

Hi all,

I am trying to use Outlook 365 for my @btinternet.com Premium mail account but it wont allow me to set it up. I have been through all the forum questions previously discussing this topic but have not found any of the settings to work. Can anyone please advise what the settings for the account should be. I have tried IMAP and POP accounts.

Many Thanks

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Outlook 365 wont allow my @btinernet.com premium mail address to be added??

The account settings are as shown here, set the account up manually  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/~/what-are-the-settings-for-outgoing-and-incomi...

Premium mail is no different to ordinary BT mail, it is just a marketing name for a standalone product when a customer wishes to retain their email address without a BT broadband account.

0 Ratings
docoils
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

Hi I am getting the error the connection to the incoming (IMAP) server was dropped. Please check the incoming (IMAP) server settings and try again. I get a similar message with POP settings?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 5

@docoilswrote:

Hi I am getting the error the connection to the incoming (IMAP) server was dropped. Please check the incoming (IMAP) server settings and try again. I get a similar message with POP settings?

Hi, welcome to the forums.

As a matter of interest, are you logged into the email account using a different method - such as webmail, or by another device? If so, logout or stop them auto-checking.

Have you by any chance changed password recently? If so, it might need changing again (wait at least 15 minutes before changing and checking with your device apps and clients).

0 Ratings
docoils
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Hi I had logged out of the webmail and no other device is connected
0 Ratings