Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

Outlook/Btinternet Mail/ POP3/IMAP

I use Outlook 2007. All the folders/files in the OUTLOOK are really important to keep. I am now finding that some of my email addresses are not working. I use 4 (@btinternet.com). Mainly people are niot receiving my emails, even though they are ion the sent file and all emaill addresses are testing OK.

Apparently there have been changes and the POP3 accounts need to be changed to IMAP ??????

I am petrified of doing anything in case I lose my folders in Outlook. I don't know where to start and BT are not interested.... fobbed off on the chat box & NR on the tech helpdesk.

Anyone able to help... is there a simple quick fix?

Thank you

Expert

Re: Outlook/Btinternet Mail/ POP3/IMAP

Check you are using these settings: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6876/~/what-are-the-bt-yahoo!-mail-and-bt-yahoo!-prem...

If you are still having issues you will need to contact BT.

Oliver.
Distinguished Sage

If you are worried about loosing your folders you should back them up.

See this link how to do that.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/287070

Expert

Pop 3=110-standard.-Pop 3=using SSL-995  outgoing--25 standard=using SSL-465 or TLS. Mines works on the new settings.= 995 SSL-pop 3--465-SSL/TLS

Expert

[ Edited ]

jospen wrote:

I use Outlook 2007. All the folders/files in the OUTLOOK are really important to keep. I am now finding that some of my email addresses are not working. I use 4 (@btinternet.com). Mainly people are niot receiving my emails, even though they are ion the sent file and all emaill addresses are testing OK.

Apparently there have been changes and the POP3 accounts need to be changed to IMAP ??????

I am petrified of doing anything in case I lose my folders in Outlook. I don't know where to start and BT are not interested.... fobbed off on the chat box & NR on the tech helpdesk.

Anyone able to help... is there a simple quick fix?

Thank you

As has been reported elsewhere the Critical Path servers seem to be losing emails sent through them intermittently.  A temporary work around seems to be using smtp.mail.yahoo.com servers. POP3 accounts do not need to be changed to IMAP and this is likely to cause more problems if done.

PS.  Please do not edit the title of a thread and do not raise a new issue on a Solved thread. A new thread is far better.

Aspiring Contributor

Could I ask for some clarification here?

I am using Outlook 2007 POP3 BT Yahoo Mail (not yet transfeered to new BT Mail). My SSL settings on my Windows 7 Desktop are Incoming 110, Outgoing 25.

I failed to get mail to work on my iPad using those settings, but the iPad automatically changed my incoming setting to 995.

Should I be changing the settings on Outlook 2007 to match 995 (and 465)? I believe I read somewhere that the server now requires an encypted connection so do I also need to tick the "This server requires an encrypted connection"?. If the new settings are for the new BT Mail how come I need to use the new settings on my iPad before I am transferred to the new BT Mail?

A bit confused to be honest. Can anyone advise?

Guru

The settings I use for Outlook are Incoming POP3 port 995 SSL (tick server requires encrypted connection), Outgoing SMTP port 465 SSL.

The 'new BT mail' really only refers to webmail as mail.btinternet.com has pointed to the CP servers for some time now. E-mail client users should see no change when transferred if using the above settings.

Aspiring Contributor

Changed to the new settings on my Outlook 2007 with  tick for encrypted connection, but did not work with test email. Reverted back and all worked. Think I will stick to what I've got until I have BT Mail proper then see.

Many thanks in any case - much appreciated.

Distinguished Sage

When you changed the settings, what server settings did you have. It should be mail.btinternet.com

See here for link for settings

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44917/kw/bt%20mail/c/346,6588,6591