Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 42

Re: Outlook Clients keeps asking for xxx@btinternet.com password

@miket67m wrote:

I have amended the settings in my iPad and iPhone and for now, the password problem has disappeared.  Thanks.

Mike

Mike,

If the problem has gone away can you please mark this thread as solved.

Thanks

0 Ratings
tulloch
Contributor
Message 32 of 42

It's certainly not solved. I've been unable to access my mail on my phone or at work since it started. It'll will never be solved.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 33 of 42

@tulloch wrote:

It's certainly not solved. I've been unable to access my mail on my phone or at work since it started. It'll will never be solved.

I assume you are still looking for an IMAP solution ?

0 Ratings
tulloch
Contributor
Message 34 of 42

No, I'm not looking for something that I'm fairly sure does not exist. I'm not sure if it would be helpful to others who encounter this issue to have the thread marked as solved though. I'm looking forward to moving to the new system but if that is not up to scratch then I think it would be time to look for another email provider.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 35 of 42

@vofsanity2 wrote:

@tulloch wrote:

Just want to contribute.

I just had the same problem this morning --- most unusual here, as it's pop3 Outlook 2013 account.

It would not log in after repeated login prompts, and gave the error message login failed.

Eventually I logged into BT Yahoo and was told to change the password, as unusual activity had been detected.

Changed it:: changed it back 10 mins later, and now all working, including iPod and mobile phone.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 36 of 42

@Ribblelancs wrote:

@vofsanity2 wrote:

@tulloch wrote:

Just want to contribute.

I just had the same problem this morning --- most unusual here, as it's pop3 Outlook 2013 account.

It would not log in after repeated login prompts, and gave the error message login failed.

Eventually I logged into BT Yahoo and was told to change the password, as unusual activity had been detected.

Changed it:: changed it back 10 mins later, and now all working, including iPod and mobile phone.

Just to add to the above:-

A mail arrived yesterday asking me to change passwords.

Problem was the I could not open any mail to see the warning.

Have taken appropriate steps.

Hope this helps someone as there are a number of recent posts which are along similar lines.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
steeltoe
Beginner
Message 37 of 42

I have been suffering from this for months, I use mailwasher that always works sending and receiving, the setting in that are:

"imap.mail.yahoo.com"

and

"smtp.mail.yahoo.com"

I have changed this in the manual setup for my btinternet address and it works!!!!!!!!

Hope it works for you.

Regards

Steeltoe

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 42

You will need to change it back to mail.btinternet.com when (if ever) you are migrated.

0 Ratings
Begadoc
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 42

This thread seems to have gone quiet for a while but the problem hasn't so thought I'd wake it up.

Anyone come up with any answers in the interim? I've tried logging in and out and in on BTMail, I've tried changing the password, but still this XXXX box keeps popping up - Enter your password.

I have my own domain and mailbox which I generally use for email (not my BT address) but while I can access my own domain mailbox for incoming messages, I can't use it for outgoing. Not because my domain supplier wouldn't accept it - it will - but because BT insists I use their mail server for outgoing mail. There was a a time some time ago when I didn't have to use the BT one.

So I am forced to use the BT server which refuses to accept my password in Outlook but accepts it OK for BT Mail.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 42

@Begadoc wrote:

I have my own domain and mailbox which I generally use for email (not my BT address) but while I can access my own domain mailbox for incoming messages, I can't use it for outgoing. Not because my domain supplier wouldn't accept it - it will - but because BT insists I use their mail server for outgoing mail. There was a a time some time ago when I didn't have to use the BT one.

So I am forced to use the BT server which refuses to accept my password in Outlook but accepts it OK for BT Mail.

You are not forced to use BT servers for outgoing mail, I use my domain server to send mail quite happily.

0 Ratings