cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
miket67m
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 42

Outlook Clients keeps asking for xxx@btinternet.com password

I know this issue has been posted before but it has started happening to me again, on one of my three btinternet.com acounts, all configured the same way I am being asked for a password through the Oulook 2007 client pop-up every 5 minutes.  BTinternet.com com chat can't help (they only do webmail).  How do I get yahoo to look at the mail server?

0 Ratings
41 REPLIES 41
tulloch
Contributor
Message 2 of 42

Re: Outlook Clients keeps asking for xxx@btinternet.com password

This is happening to me as well over the last few days and on two machines.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 42

On going problem that has no one fix. The fault is not at your end and don't change the password. Best to leave it and it usually sorts itself out in a day or two. Sometimes if you log onto your webmail this can help but having said that if you can't log into webmail then you have a different issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 42

Hopefully that's one of the problems to disappear when Yahoo! has been replaced.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 5 of 42

@miket67m wrote:

I know this issue has been posted before but it has started happening to me again, on one of my three btinternet.com acounts, all configured the same way I am being asked for a password through the Oulook 2007 client pop-up every 5 minutes.  BTinternet.com com chat can't help (they only do webmail).  How do I get yahoo to look at the mail server?

It is unlikely that you will get yahoo to look at any of their mail servers.

If you are getting the the pop up every 5 minutes then you can alleviate the problem by changing the time interval that Outlook 2007 does an automatic send/receive.  The default is 30 minutes but I would recommend that you switch off automatic send/receive.  The only down side to this is that you have to do a manual send/receive when you want to receive or send emails.

0 Ratings
ses2310
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 42

I am having the same password issues. I even deleted the account and set up a new one to make sure the settings were all correct. It downloaded the emails then next time it tried to download the password was rejected. I can access emails via yahoo, but prefer to use Mail for Mac. The same issue happens on my Nexus so not restricted to one platform. This is infuriating and simply not good enough. How can I resolve this?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 42

This won't be of much help but just to give you an idea how long this has been a problem and what has or hasn't been done to resolve it I have included one link to a previous post about it. If you do a search on the forum you will find many more. As already said, hopefully the problem will go away when BT dump Yahoo and go to the new BTMail.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Other-BB-Queries/E-mail-password-rejection/td-p/234061/highlight/true

0 Ratings
tulloch
Contributor
Message 8 of 42

@vofsanity2 wrote:

@miket67m wrote:

It is unlikely that you will get yahoo to look at any of their mail servers.

If you are getting the the pop up every 5 minutes then you can alleviate the problem by changing the time interval that Outlook 2007 does an automatic send/receive.  The default is 30 minutes but I would recommend that you switch off automatic send/receive.  The only down side to this is that you have to do a manual send/receive when you want to receive or send emails.

Not much point in doing that, right now the imap mail is simply not working. It's now the same on my Nokia phone. It does work on an iPhone but then Apple are privileged and have been granted special access by Yahoo, push even works properly if you are using an iOS device.

Bt have contracted Yahoo as their mail provider. Not our problem, our contract is with BT. It is up to them to get this sorted. Just to be clear then: At least some of your imap servers have a serious problem, could you get it sorted out please.

0 Ratings
tulloch
Contributor
Message 9 of 42

Well it stopped for a while but has started again with a vengeance. Constant password pop-ups. What are BT doing about this rubbish service and I mean now, not at the end of the year.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 42

As far as we can tell, this is out of BT's control and down to Yahoo! BT have realised this at long last and are ditching Yahoo! It might unfortunately be a pain for some but there is more involved in that than flicking a switch.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings