cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Outlook.Live not synching with btinternet.com

For a week now, outlook.live.com has not been synching with my btinternet.com  account to download my incoming emails. Synching has worked fine for a number of years and I have not changed any settings recently.

I have seen several old posts, but no recent ones, about waiting for a period and it usually sorts itself out, but I think a week is long enough!

Is anyone else in  the community having this problem and waiting for BT to notice and sort it out?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: Outlook.Live not synching with btinternet.com

I should add, its not a Yahoo account
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi @FoxyF, welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Can you check your outlook settings to make sure they're correct? 

0 Ratings
FoxyF
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Hmmmm!

They are not as per your link - they point to outlook.office365.com:993 and smtp.office365.com:587.

These settings have worked for years - has BT discontinued these servers? The fact they stopped working on 1st of a month would seem to indicate they may have done.

For some strange reason Live.Outlook seems to set these values by default for BTinternet accounts and you are unable to change them (or at least you have the ability to manually configure server settings and then they are ignored!).

I will take this up with Microsoft support.

Many thanks.

0 Ratings