cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 14

Re: Outlook - Send mails

Go to solution

Did this yesterday but the issue came back today   I have done it again this morning 

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 14

Go to solution

I have still not managed to resolve this.  It is only on my laptop.  I can send emails from my phone and also my ipad without issues also on the web email system from BT.  Anyone found a solution as this is a pain 

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 14

Go to solution

I provided two links to 2 Microsoft community forum with something that provided a fix for a problem that persisted for 2-weeks.   But ultimately I think there is a software incompatibility between BT email server and Microsoft Outlook. I have an Ionos email account on same Outlook application and that has no problem.  If you search for my name you should find them.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 14

Go to solution

Below a mash up of a work round to intermittent problem sending emails via Outlook 2016 that works for me. First 3 steps from the Microsoft forum.

1) Open Control Panel by clicking the Windows key and typing "Control Panel"
2) In Control Panel, on the upper right hand corner search for "Mail"
3) Once found, double click on it.

4) On Mail Setup dialogue box click on "Email Accounts..."

5) Assuming BT email address set as default  and selected, click on "Repair..."

6) "Repair Account" dialogue box opens. Make sure BT email address and password entered (may come up in any case). Click "Next".

7) Two "Configuring" displays come up.  You may see "Congratulations" on the second display.  Click "Finish" on second display to generate test email.

For me this provided a fix for a period, until I had to re-run the routine.

There is a software issue with BT  systems that introduces an incompatibility with Microsoft Outlook.