Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
graeme57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 29

Outlook error message

Go to solution

Can anyone help please? I am receiving error message 0x800ccc1a in Outlook " Server does not support the connection encryption type you have specified. Try changing the encryption method of contact you service provider" It is also saying send/receive error. All other aspects of my computer are working fine, only Outlook is not working across all 3 e-mail accounts. Would be very grateful for help.

0 Ratings
28 REPLIES 28
slogger
Contributor
Message 2 of 29

Re: Outlook error message

Go to solution

Check that your settings are like this:

bt.PNG

0 Ratings
Les-Gibson
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 29

Go to solution

Check the SMTP settings and make sure that you haven't enabled Secure Password Authentication (SPA)

♪♪I don't work for BT, I offer my time and help for free. If you'd like to leave a kudo, you may do so by clicking the rating button below.♪♪ 😄
0 Ratings
graeme57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks for replying. Can you tell me how to reach that page you show? I'm afraid I can't seem to find it . Graeme

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 29

Go to solution

If you you don't know how to navigate to that screen its very unlikely you have changed the setting. However, it can be reached via File > Account settings > Change > More Settings > Outgoing server

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 29

Go to solution

Are you still a BT Broadband customer or paying for Premium Mail, if neither, your account will have been downgraded to Basic which is not available with a mail client.

0 Ratings
graeme57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 29

Go to solution

Yes I am a BT Broadband customer with Halo2

0 Ratings
graeme57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 29

Go to solution

Thanks. I certainly didn't go near that screen. This problem just magically happened between switching off at 1030pm last night and switching on at 9am this morning.  Something must have changed but no idea what! Any thoughts welcomed. Thanks 

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 29

Go to solution

If you can still access your email via webmail, I would just give it a day or two to see if it fixes itself.

0 Ratings
graeme57
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 29

Go to solution

Ok I got to the page you suggested and it all looks as you say it should. Also, the Secure Password Authentication box is not ticked. Whilst in there I asked it to test the account settings and it said c" Secure connection to the incoming mail server (IMAP) cannot be established" And something about not supporting the encryption type again. Sorry to be a pain. Appreciate your responses. 

0 Ratings