Hi. Grateful for any advice on this: long-time user of BT Mail via the on-line client, but now want to start using Outlook 2016 on my laptop to manage e-mail. Fresh installation of Office 365 (on Windows 10), used the very handy tool in Outlook to add an IMAP/SMTP account just by typing my @btinternet.com address in and sure enough all my mails and folders came down into Outlook. I say all ... there are a few folders which refuse to download/create in Outlook. They're still there in the BTmail online client, complete with the messages in them, but - despite two attempts at the above, these folders refuse to appear. Any ideas anyone? Thanks.
Cancel that .. found the answer. It's to do with whether or not you're subscribing to each folder in Outlook. Why it should decide that I'm not subscribing to some I don't know, but you fix the problem by:
- in Outlook click on My Outlook Data File (top left)
- right click on your account name, just below
- select IMAP Folders
- in the pop-up window, click on Query
- you should now see all your folders, including the missing ones
- Untick the box at the bottom 'When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, only show subscribed folders'