cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

Outlook for Mac mail-emails taking several seconds longer to send over last few days

Go to solution

I use Outlook for Mac and over the last few days have noticed that when I send emails from my Outlook mail client, they take seconds longer to send. Has anyone else experienced a delay in "sending" over the last few days? My BT web-based mail is working fine (no delays) and there are no delays in sending via web based mail, but I use Outlook as my main email "client" and would like to know why the delay in sending? The Outlook Team could not help and only advised that I turn laptop off and then reboot-I did and still, the same problem.

Many thanks in advance.  

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: Outlook for Mac mail-emails taking several seconds longer to send over last few days

Go to solution

Email generally is misfiring. An email sent from someone from an outlook.com address at 1637 yesterday has just arrived (0747) …. in my Spam folder. Apple mail on an iPad, and Outlook on Android phone (not in Spam because I’d moved it to Inbox.)

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Re: Outlook for Mac mail-emails taking several seconds longer to send over last few days

Go to solution

Thanks very much, Flo. So, is this a BT issue, or "other" issue? I just spoke to BT and they said that all is fine on their end given my BT web based mail works fine. Outlook/Microsoft have been of no help whatsoever. 

Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

I tested the system by sending an email from my own outlook.com at 2257 last night. It arrived in my Primary btopenworld.com account at 0629 this morning.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

That's not good enough. How do we escalate this to BT? They seem to suggest that all is working fine on their end.

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

I tested another route : 2 emails from a hotmail.com account to Primary btopenworld.com, sent at 2212 and 0447 (the latter is puzzling - I was asleep); one hasn’t been delivered, the other arrived at 0447. (Stupidly I used the same Subject and Body texts so can’t distinguish them)

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

I probably should have specified: my email address is a @btinternet.com account 

Not sure if this matters or not but thought it was worth mentioning:). 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Update: this evening my emails are sending immediately so this issue has been resolved but am still unsure whether this was a BT issue or Microsoft (Outlook for Mac) issue and something tells me we will never know:). 

0 Ratings