cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 20

Outlook on Android

Go to solution

Hi

I've always used and liked Outlook on whichever device I'm using but have come across a problem on my phone.  On my phone I was asked to sign in again which I tried but it wouldn't allow me.  So I de-installed the Outlook app and re-installed it.  It finds my email address then takes me to a Yahoo sign in screen which has my email address, then I click continue and it takes me to "I'm not a robot" e.g how many traffic lights can you see.  Select the squares and continue, then get a message saying verification email will be sent but never arrives, I've checked junk etc and not there.  The most I can do is download the app and it's driving me crazy.  I have an android tablet and it's working ok on there, Windows 11 on my PC and working okay there......  I've been trying to talk to Microsoft Mobile over Christmas and New Year but is a slow and tedious process and haven't got anywhere yet.  They've suggested logging in from Settings, Accounts etc but the same thing as above happens.  Would love it if someone on here could help me please with a step by step process (idiot proof)!!!

0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Message 2 of 20

Re: Outlook on Android

Go to solution

It shouldn't be taking you to a Yahoo sign in screen. BT's association with Yahoo for email ended over 12 months ago.

If you really must use Outlook (it eats memory on Android) enter the account manually using the settings here 

However, you may prefer to try Blue mail which in my opinion is superior and will set up automatically by entering your email address and password.

I use Outlook 2010 on my laptop and it is brilliant, but it is awful on Android phones.

Message 3 of 20

Go to solution
I knew it had ended, wasn't sure when though! Thanks for this will give it a go!
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 20

Go to solution
Probably sounds daft but if I try Blue will it synchonise all my Outlook folders that I have already?
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Go to solution

Yes, if you have everything set up as IMAP.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Go to solution

I followed the IMAP instructions still no luck.  Saying email or password incorrect.  I used SSL/TLS as the encryption.  The only options that came up were that or STARTTLS or None.  Appreciate your help, thanks. There was no option to say Enabled.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Go to solution

Give Blue Mail a try, if you don't like it you can always delete it and give Outlook another go.

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 20

Go to solution

Installed Blue but hasn't synchronised all my folders.  It's a bit flashy for me 😁

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Go to solution

If you click on the 3 little dots in the bottom right corner, select account specific settings, select the account, select folder management, folder mapping you should be able to select the folders to sync.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 20

Go to solution

Says it's only available to ActiveSync?

0 Ratings