Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
YaelH
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Overly Keen Filtering??

Go to solution

Hi

I've been trying to get a verification email for my Oculus account for several days - and despite it sending me several emails a day, requested from different devices/browsers none are reaching me. 

I've triple checked spam bins, deleted any rules I had up for filtering spam, is there a chance its getting booted before it even reaches my account? Getting desperate here - new Quest is sitting looking at me and I can't use it till I can confirm the Oculus account!

Anything else I can try??

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Overly Keen Filtering??

Go to solution

Set up a gmail account and have it sent to it.

0 Ratings
YaelH
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I've tried forwarding everything to my gmail from the bt address - but can't change the address the oculus account sends to until I can verify the existing bt address. Nor will Oculus change it for me.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

If it is getting stopped before it gets to your BT email address forwarding will be no use. Forwarding can only forward what it receives.

Have you explained the problem to Oculus. They would be able to see that the account has not been activated through your BT account and should easily be able to stop the order to your BT account and change it to your gmail one.

0 Ratings
YaelH
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

I have indeed - at the moment I'm stuck on 'we need to look into this further, we will be back in 24-36 hours', so I just thought it would be worth checking if there might be any pre-filtering of messages before they hit my account. 

Was worth a go..

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Yes, virtually all spam is filtered on the BT servers and not forwarded to the customer's mailbox. It is only inderterminate mails that are sent to the Spam Folder. Unfortunately, as you have found, the filters are sometimes over zealous. You could try adding the sender's address to your safe senders list but not sure if this is effective for spam dropped on the server.

0 Ratings
YaelH
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks, sadly I've tried that as well! Am trying to persuade Oculus to change the email - but its slow going so far.

Thank for all the ideas though - I'm glad I've not missed anything too obvious!!

0 Ratings