cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
peter_k
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

POP3 Mail server problems again?

Is there a problem with the mail servers - connection timing out when attempting to retreive emails. Happening across 8 email accounts with no pattern.

There is a "Answers others found helpful" of Experiencing server "time-outs" while sending and receiving email but the current answer is "

Internal Server Error:

Server id: 0->68 
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the site's support team and inform them of the time of the error and what operation
you were performing when the error occurred.

Thank you for your patience."

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
duncan10
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: POP3 Mail server problems again?

While the transfer to CP goes on there will be/is disruption the servers. It should stabilise eventually. Exactly when I cannot say but I too have had many problems with my email client the same as you . I have had to re-input my email address and password even though they are already in on the BT yahoo log in. It is now 3  days without fault alarms coming up on my client but I am not holding my breath. This will eventually "straighten out" but there is no clear date for the transfer to be complete.

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

@peter_k wrote:

Is there a problem with the mail servers - connection timing out when attempting to retreive emails. Happening across 8 email accounts with no pattern.

There is a "Answers others found helpful" of Experiencing server "time-outs" while sending and receiving email but the current answer is "

Internal Server Error:

Server id: 0->68 
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the site's support team and inform them of the time of the error and what operation
you were performing when the error occurred.

Thank you for your patience."

The link you have is incorrect. Try

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/6325/

If that does not help post back as further assistance can be given.  

0 Ratings
peter_k
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

vofsanity

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I put that link in to show how BT fail in their administration of their sites.  The problem is with BT servers -out of 8 adresses I could get a timeout on 2,3&7 try again and it could be 3,4,5 & 8. Try again and they all work. Some accounts leave mail on the server but that is not the problem.

I knew nothing about any mail migration to Critical Path until I posted. I thought the last time this problem occured it was possible to specify the mail server to connect to but searches here have failed

0 Ratings