Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 11 of 28

Re: POP3 failure (once again)

Go to solution

DavidM

Thanks for the update which is really appreciated.

It's only the likes of you and your fellow Moderators who keep many of us here with BT Email or even BT as a whole.

chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 12 of 28

Go to solution

OK so got my first set of POP3 email downloads this morning so what ever people DavidM has contacted seems to ahve cleared the issue at least for me.

Also the My Yahoo landing page that I got this morning on some accounts including the prime one , before get to the actual webmail page, from the email link off the BT.com page has gone as well.

Thanks to DavidM and the Moderator team yet again

0 Ratings
Highlighted
RedRuby27
Contributor
Message 13 of 28

POP3 email server reported an internal error. Contact your ISP? ERR [SYS/TEMP] server error

Go to solution

I thought it was too good to be true. I've had no similar issues for some 3 months and now its back again.

Switched on my pc this morning logged into my Outlook (MS Office 2010), no emails have come through overnight.

Checked my BTmail a/c, yes there all there waiting to synch.

Now here's what I've tried:

Reset my POP3 server port to the usual 995 and Outgoing Port 465. Checked my password is correct haven't changed it for at least 3months! Test sent a msg from BTmail, but nothings come through.

I did hear somewhere that changing my password may help to fool the server, but is there anything else I can do to get my mail?

PS I can't send mail from Outlook either, same error msg comes up.

Is it the same process as before, & before that & before that......... when will this issue get resolved for good???

Please Help, I'm close to the edge of the cliff!

0 Ratings
jlovie
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 28

Go to solution

Mine is working again too.

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 28

Go to solution

Glad to hear you're sorted @chamber_boy and @jlovie. Thanks for letting me know.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 16 of 28

Go to solution
DavidM

Would really like to know what the fix/issue was, if of course you get access to that information, given that it is the same one that I have had on a regular basis that fixes itself.

Thanks once gain for your help.
0 Ratings
old_email
Aspiring Expert
Message 17 of 28

Go to solution

OP here, you can add me to the list of "working again".  Thanks for any input you made.

Now how about the other thread issue about "Downloading all mail including bulk"?  🙂

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 28

Go to solution

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I've had confirmation that the problem was identified and has been fixed. Unfortunately I don't have any further details on what the problem was @chamber_boy. Sorry about that.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 28

Go to solution

@DavidM wrote:

Hi guys,

Thanks all for posting. I've had confirmation that the problem was identified and has been fixed. Unfortunately I don't have any further details on what the problem was @chamber_boy. Sorry about that.

Cheers

David

Well what a surprise!!!!  Smiley Wink

0 Ratings
chamber_boy
Contributor
Message 20 of 28

Go to solution

4.6M users changed their passwords, updated their email client settings and installed new various new client software as we all know it is the end user that is at fault.

I appreciate the Mods are in the middle here but the BT Email team are really the typical "how not to do customer service" old school and burying their heads in the sand is only harming BT's reputation unless someone senior yanks them in to the 21st century where they start appreciating their customers rather than blaming them first for everything and not even communicating with them.

Anyway as I said  I appreciate the mods for once again helping us on this.