Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Davs
Beginner
Message 1 of 11

Password change not synchronising

Go to solution

Hi. First poster here. Just spent an hour using chat support with India whom I don't think really understood my issue, and ultimately directed me to contact BT Tech Experts (£8 per month subscription). I am a computer techie by trade and have been for 30 years so like to think that I'm at least savvy with such issues.

My problem is that having changed my email account password via the BT website (my account is an additional mailbox to my wife's which is the main BT ID), I can still send and receive emails on both my iPad and iPhone which still have my old password configured in the settings. I sent test emails to myself, and could view them on both Apple devices and via web email. In fact if I put the new password in on those devices, the verification check fails and tells me that my userid or pwd are invalid. 

The support person insisted that this be an Apple problem and that I should contact them, and seemed to totally miss the point that I was successfully accessing the bt mail server with invalid credentials.

I'm desparate to get my email pwd changed as I am concerned it may have been hacked, resulting in my amazon account also being hacked.

Help please....

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: Password change not synchronising

Go to solution

Try logging in to email here rather than via MYBT and then try changing the password.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

See link about changing your password and in particular if your BTID is not your BT email address.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/48826/~/how-do-i-change-my-bt-mail-password%3F

0 Ratings
Davs
Beginner
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

Hi. Yes had already tried that link. Curious that btmail.bt.com only permits access with new password, and the IMAP access via mail app only permits access with the old password. Almost as if there are two different mail servers.

0 Ratings
Davs
Beginner
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

Hi.  I had already tried changing the password using the link suggested on that page.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

@Davs wrote:

Almost as if there are two different mail servers.

There are.

I think you need mod assistance with this, hopefully one will be along to help.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Davs Thanks for trying the suggested link and sorry it didn't work for you.

We will be happy to help you from here on with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings
Davs
Beginner
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution
Thanks John. Enquiry ticket raised.
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

Hi @Davs

Thanks for taking the time to chat with me this afternoon.

I'm pleased that you've been able to follow the password recovery process and you're able to access your email again now everything is synchronising as before.

As this is sorted I'll go ahead and close things from here as agreed.

Enjoy the rest of your weekend.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
Davs
Beginner
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution

Thanks guys. The enforced password reset resolved the issue.