cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Borofan
Message 1 of 4

Pasting email addresses from Excel

I am a member of a hillwalking club and we keep our address list on an Excel spreadsheet on Dropbox.  I used to copy and paste the addresses into emails, but it does not work with the new BT email layout.  Can anyone help?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Pasting email addresses from Excel

Hi @Borofan 

I've just pasted an email address from Excel and it worked okay for me. Why not create Group Contacts and just keep it up to date from your Excel file?

0 Ratings
Borofan
Message 3 of 4

The problem is that the club membership list changes and I do not control it.  There are about 70 members and I used to copy them it two batches from Excel (BT email seems to limit the number of addressees to 50) into two separate  emails in order to communicate with club members.  I don't want to have to examine the Excel list every time I use it to try to spot changes.  

Does anyone know if it is possible to copy and paste from Excel a large number of addressees into an email?

0 Ratings
Andy005
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

There needs to be a ; at the end of each email address ie joebloggs@btinternet.com;  and then you will be able to copy and paste them in. The last email address does not need the ; , so in your example the 50th and 70th in the list don't need it.

I've just done it with 3 email addresses and it works fine, once your excel sheet is updated you're away.

0 Ratings